NGD: Ibanez Premium RG7

• Thread starter simonXsludge
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shredenvain

Reaction score
Hey do you guys know they have these premium 7s listed on ibanez USA website as rg927qm with the difference being dimarzio ibz7 pups and if you search the model number on American musical supply they have these in stock for 1099.99. I didn't see this posted anywhere on here and I don't know how to. Post links

Jefonyx

Reaction score
I noticed you've got the RG927 in the US, and we have the RG827 in Europe. The differences are in the pick ups that I think, are better in the US version, point that I don't mind because I would change them anyway. The other difference is in the 430mm neck radius instead of the 400mm european version. The US version would be better for me as I like flat neck :'(

Santuzzo

Reaction score
I noticed you've got the RG927 in the US, and we have the RG827 in Europe. The differences are in the pick ups that I think, are better in the US version, point that I don't mind because I would change them anyway. The other difference is in the 430mm neck radius instead of the 400mm european version. The US version would be better for me as I like flat neck :'(

I initially thought, maybe the different radiuses are a mistake on the Ibanez website?
Why would they make the same guitar with different fretboard radiuses?
But then again, why would they make them with different PUs for the European version?
I personally would also prefer the 430mm radius (flatter fretboard).

rythmic_pulses

Bari/Bass VI Nerd
Reaction score
shitsøn;2697740 said:
The recording is lacking a proper bass guitar, though. Makes it all sound much thinner, when you don't have a real bass at hand and have to pitch down a guitar to emulate it.

I pretty much have to do that when demoing, it's not even a good pitchshifter either, some crappy Behringer pitch shifter.

But I won't knock it though, it's helped a lot in recent years for demo's. :D

ridner

Bastard of Thousands
Reaction score
this thread gives me major Ibby Premium GAS

Kurzweiler

UV7DNA
Reaction score
OMG! I count the days to buy an RG827QMZ, if I die before an GAS attack :lol:

shitsøn, now that you take some time with the guitar, can you tell if your impressions are the same as when you bought the ibanez? Behave well the Evolution7?

cheers!

simonXsludge

(((Ω)))
Reaction score
shitsøn, now that you take some time with the guitar, can you tell if your impressions are the same as when you bought the ibanez? Behave well the Evolution7?
I honestly like this Premium a lot and played it more frequently lately. Playing-wise, I still prefer my RG1527, but it only takes like 10 minutes and I have adjusted to the only slightly different feel of the Premium, it's all good and comfortable anyways. The Evo7 is a good PU, but I still like the D Activators a little better, especially for such a low tuning. I didn't bother to swop it yet, though. It seems to work just fine for now.

Now that the RG1527s are discontinued, I really think that the Premium is a good alternative to it. The differences between those models aren't huge and the Premium comes with some great fretwork, which is actually better than Prestige fretwork. Both have their little advantages and disadvantages, but at the end of the day they are very similiar guitars, in terms of playablity and even quality.

')