NGD: Ibanez Premium RG721RW CNF!

• Thread starter Seybsnilksz
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Seybsnilksz

Reaction score
So this one has been in a local shop for the last 2 years or so, and I've been wanting it more and more. I didn't really need another guitar, but a few weeks ago I decided to sell one of my PRS SE Customs and get this one instead. It happened last Saturday and they had a Happy Hour so I got 15% off! I don't regret anything. :yum:

It played great from the beginning, and after some adjustments it played even better. I'm not very picky about super thin necks or anything, but this one feels very comfortable. The bridge is so smooth that I don't even think about it, and the pickups were actually not too bad. I do however have a CL/LF set in another guitar that I'm going to try out on this one later.

Specs:
American basswood body
East Indian rosewood top
5ply maple/walnut neck
Rosewood fretboard
24 jumbo frets
Body binding
Tight- End R bridge
25,5" scale
5 way switch
1 volume
1 tone
Stock strings are probably 9-42, so I'll keep it in E standard for now. I will change them for 11-56 and tune her to drop-C later.

Cellphone!

Very awesome Premium tool:

Now I can learn how to play guitar!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

max3000

Reaction score
Dayum, I love how this guitar looks. I kinda wish they made a MIJ version though.

twizza

Social Assassin
Reaction score
WANT WANT WANT

Nice score

Jzbass25

Reaction score
Wow I like the multi-tool they give you, I hate having a bunch of Ibby Prestige bags with loads of loose allen wrenches

edit: forgot to say this is one of my favorite premiums and I wish it was in the US.

Vrollin

Reaction score
Very nice, love these things!

Should have taken some nice shots of the binding!

aneurysm

Type o´Negative
Reaction score
HNGD Man, it´s also on my G.A.S List:hbang:
After you set her up for DropC, tell me how you like it, especially if the PU´s work for that Tuning !?!

Seybsnilksz

Reaction score
HNGD Man, it´s also on my G.A.S List:hbang:
After you set her up for DropC, tell me how you like it, especially if the PU´s work for that Tuning !?!

I'm actually putting the Crunch Lab and the Liquifire in right away when changing strings, so I won't be able to tell I'm afraid. However I've played it in E standard with the low string tuned to C and it didn't sound bad. The string, being a 042, was kinda floppy though.

soliloquy

Reaction score
i have been drooling over that guitar when i saw it at a local store recently. absolutely beautiful. th eone i had didn't play all that well, it felt rather dead. but even then, just because of its beauty, i'd be all over if if i wasn't saving for another guitar atm

ibanice

Reaction score
HNGD Those Premium series is really something awesome that ibanez introduced some years ago :)

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
Dang that looks great. I love the simple, classy natural wood look. I'm surprised they don't offer the 721's in either this or the blond flame finish in the USA. I think either version of the 721 would be a good seller for Ibanez.

Hopefully next year Ibanez will do a Prestige version!

GBH14

Reaction score
Nice! I really like these and the maple ones. I'm going to have to give these a try at a local shop. I've never played a premium.

Lillub85

Listen to that Purr!
Reaction score
I was one of the lucky ones that found this beauty on evilbay in the U.S. some time ago:lol:

')