NGD: Ibanez Premium RG721RW CNF!

• Thread starter Seybsnilksz
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Pearson0110

Reaction score
I Prefer my RG721 to my RG3120 Prestige surprisingly. To me, the neck is a lot more comfortable and it not having a tremolo is a big plus! And to answer aneurysm's question, The pickups are not that bad, Nothing to shout about though. I ended up replacing my bridge with a Bare knuckle Blackhawk and it sounds phenomenal.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Thanatopsis

Reaction score
Very nice. I love natural finishes. I'm liking the look of that bridge too, looks like it has lots of room to adjust intonation. On my RG3EX1 w/14-58 in B standard, I can't get it perfect on the low B. It's pretty damn close but the saddle could use to move back another mm or two.

Musiscience

Reaction score
Happy NGD. This is awesome. I love this bridge to death, I really wonder why they chose to install the gibraltar instead of those on the new prestige models. Seems like a weird choice to me since those tight end are perfection.

Nlelith

Motion Designer
Reaction score
Dude, awesome! I ordered one for myself last week, can't wait for it. I see you upgraded yours with locking tuners, which ones are those? Looks like Jin-Ho, which I ordered as well, but in black finish and slick locks. To bad noone on ebay had them in Cosmo Black (apart from those Schecter-branded), but one seller told me that they can be ordered in this finish, but only in 500+ set of them. So maybe I'll swap them once again some day.

And of course, how new pups sound compared to stock ones?

Seybsnilksz

Reaction score
Dude, awesome! I ordered one for myself last week, can't wait for it. I see you upgraded yours with locking tuners, which ones are those? Looks like Jin-Ho, which I ordered as well, but in black finish and slick locks. To bad noone on ebay had them in Cosmo Black (apart from those Schecter-branded), but one seller told me that they can be ordered in this finish, but only in 500+ set of them. So maybe I'll swap them once again some day.

And of course, how new pups sound compared to stock ones?

The tuners are no-name, and I've seen them on multiple different sites. A very cheap alternative to other overpriced brands indeed.

The new pickups sound slightly darker than the original ones. However, this could partially be because of the thicker string gauge. However, the Crunch Lab is tight and clear, and the Liquifire is as singing and modern as it should be.

Nlelith

Motion Designer
Reaction score
The tuners are no-name, and I've seen them on multiple different sites. A very cheap alternative to other overpriced brands indeed.
Yeah, $80+ for a set of brand locking tuners is :nuts: And since you mentioned that they were listed as no-name, they are probably Jin-Ho (if they have JIN-BLA-BLA-BLA engraved on them, they are totally are)

Seybsnilksz

Reaction score
Here's a test clip. Just made something up :shred:

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/seybsnilksz/ibanez-rg721rw-cnf-test[/SC]

RustInPeace

Reaction score
I just played one of these today at a local shop, and broke the high E string immediately. Pretty awesome none the less, HNGD!

Black43

Hated Ibanezes once
Reaction score
I like the look of the new bridge pickup. Something about the bar and regular pole pieces together.
Ahh, the crunchlab. When played through a good amp, it makes a noise that makes some people rather tight in the pants :lol:

EDIT: Killer guitar, OP. Wanted one of these a long time ago, will get one eventually. I hope.

')