NGD: Ibanez Prestige goes RED (huge pictures)

• Thread starter Antiproduct
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Antiproduct

Reaction score
Hello guys,
here is my heavily modded Ibanez RGD 2127z. You can read the entire process (and failures) here http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/lu...3889-refinish-my-rgd-2127z-first-project.html

summary of specs:
- original Ibanez neck
- new body made of mahagony and a bubinga top
- cleaned trem
- BKP Juggernauts

Here are the photos:

I really like the Juggernauts although I think that this company is a bit hyped and that my Dimarzios are not worse in comparison to BKP but they certainly are well suited for band work. Nice high mids and cutting highs, fits my personal taste very well.
The body is made by Unicut guitars from Germany and it is very well made and for a reasonable price. I paid 420€ (~500$) for that body which is pretty much a steal.

I couldn't be happier with my decision was definitely the better option than selling it for 700€ (nobody seemed to be interested in RGDs)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hachetjoel

Ibanez whore
Contributor
Reaction score
you should have just sold it to me, holy cow that looks glorious. i mean. just tons of expletives.

simonXsludge

(((Ω)))
Reaction score
This came out great, man. I have seen a couple of RGD replacement bodies and they always looked a little off, but Unicut really nailed this one. I'd totally go to him with a project like that, but I'm just gonna have my RGD refinished soon.

fortisursus

Reaction score
Wow this turned out great! And that figure in complements it just right. I could stare at this for hours.

sartorious

a good lurking guy
Reaction score
RGD already has the coolest body design, in my opinion, and you kicked it up a notch. Bravo! That thing has me drooling.

7JxN7

Reaction score
Man, that is legit one of the nicest RGDs I've seen. Well done dude!

')