NGD: Ibanez Prestige RGT3020QM

• Thread starter IbanezDaemon
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
Got this about 3 weeks ago. A 2003 High End Prestige model. Mahogany Body/Wings, Quilt Maple Top, Neck Thru Construction, Ultra Neck Profile, Edge Pro Bridge. The original black Di Marzio Paf Pros have been swapped out for a Zebra Tone Zone and Air Norton combo..

Great Prestige model from Ibanez....build quality is superb, in fact a few of these RGT models cost more than some J Customs released the same year (MRSP). It's certainly on par with a few J Customs I have. The Ultra neck profile is great. Bit more beefier that your standard very slim original Wizard profile. If you don't bond with the really slim Ibanez necks I highly recommend checking out the Ultra and Older J Custom RG neck profiles.

prestigergt.jpg

13n.jpg

12n.jpg

11n.jpg

8n.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
What a beauty, amazing top in that one. The finish transition the neck from the "heel" seems a little odd to me, I've never seen one like that.

Is it any thicker tonally than your other bolt on RG's?

Neon_Knight_

Reaction score
What a beauty, amazing top in that one. The finish transition the neck from the "heel" seems a little odd to me, I've never seen one like that.

Is it any thicker tonally than your other bolt on RG's?
If anything, I would expect it to be less thick than a bolt-on with maple neck & mahogany body, as there is more maple / less mahogany.

Neon_Knight_

Reaction score
Out of interest, does the gloss finish transition into satin as the blue fades up the neck, or does the whole neck have a gloss finish?

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
@Crungy Thanks man! I haven't really got a chance to test it out vs other RG's but neck thru can ostensibly can provide a little more sustain. @Neon_Knight_ makes a good point with the less mahogany/more maple thing on tonal thickness.

The finish transition on the neck thru's they have been doing for a while. Below is a pic of my 1999 J Custom:

rg2tb3 (2).jpg

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
Out of interest, does the gloss finish transition into satin as the blue fades up the neck, or does the whole neck have a gloss finish?
The gloss finish is consistent. Satin would have been a great idea. Pretty sure that is a feature on a BC Rich I bought last year.

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
BTW guys...just a heads up....you know this anyway....but pack your guitars for shipping like they are made of bone china. This is what I saw when I opened the case for the RGT. Now that guitar came from a friend of mine who packed it like a tank....4 springs in the Edge Pro system:

zedge.jpg

Yikes!!! Thankfully the knife edges were okay. Had to pop the trem out and set up again:

zedge1.jpg

')