NGD- Ibanez Prestige S5470, staying classy. (no 56k, i guess)

JoeChugs

Reaction score
I know its nothing ground breaking or flashy, but after years of playing guitars in guitar stores i settled on this guy. Got it a few months ago, but i never got a chance to take some decent pics, and i wanted to wait till had the new pickups installed. This is my first NGD here on SSO, and the first time taking pics of a guitar (used my sister's DSLR).

I put a D-Activator set that i ripped out of an old guitar i had, they're practically brand new. The DA bridge is awesome in the guitar, very clear, helps it cut. Plenty of purr coming through my 6505+, especially live. Not thrilled with the neck, thinking Liquifire for there and i have a True Velvet middle on its way.

Stringed up with D'Addario 11-56 in drop C, but due to the ZPS system i can get away with tuning it back up to D (which half my live set requires). All i have to do is tune with the fine tuners twice, and it stays in tune after making the switch. The Wizard on this thing is ridiculously thin, i feel its thinner than other Ibby prestiges ive played, but i dont mind it. id rather a neck feel a little too thin than too thick.

HR4xkAz.jpg

TCUdK1Ih.jpg

never mind that creepy clown in the back ground
F89Y48dh.jpg

2FksNcih.jpg

mHd37Ybh.jpg

Ta4ZOFlh.jpg

A cat!
ZdNmWvQh.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
I fucking love these. I had the SOL version and I regret letting go of it every single day of my life.

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
I could look at side views of sabers all day

pushpull7

Banned
Reaction score
haha!

Well, enjoy the guitar, thank for the introductions!

Lasik124

Reaction score
Man, I never noticed how thin those things are! Congrats, looks pretty shredable!

JoeChugs

Reaction score
How's the resonance and sustain on that thing? Looks beautiful, congrats

Resonates well, chords sound big, chugs purr nicely. Quick attack when muting. Sustain is great in some spots, not so great in others, granted I have the action very low (around 1.1 mm treble side with about .150mm relief). Going to raise it during my next setup/restring. Having a problem on the 3rd string 16th fret though, the note dies pretty quick. I've heard tell that the magnet in the middle pup does that, so I'm changing it and can report back.

If anyone has some info let me know.

Other than that, it definately shreds. I recently went from being a rhythm player to concentrating on leads, and this guitar gives me much more comfort in that arena.

Last edited:

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
Love it. Really cool guitar. Can't beat a nice S Series like that.

Latest posts

')