NGD! Ibanez Prestige SZ4020FM

• Thread starter BubbleWrap
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mad-Max

Reaction score
I always forget about these SZ models. A buddy of mine a long time ago had one of these. It wasn't a prestige, but man, that thing sounded and played like a dream. Didn't even know they made prestige version of the SZ.

Gonna have to look into these again :cool:

Happy NGD!

Vrollin

Reaction score
I always forget about these SZ models. A buddy of mine a long time ago had one of these. It wasn't a prestige, but man, that thing sounded and played like a dream. Didn't even know they made prestige version of the SZ.

Gonna have to look into these again :cool:

Happy NGD!

There's a very clean SZ2020 in the for sale section right meow, JD27 is selling it...

max2002

Reaction score
How's this guitar compared to sc1620? That thing is made in Japan.

Vrollin

Reaction score
How's this guitar compared to sc1620? That thing is made in Japan.

Apart from the letter "S" and a similar shape they will be fair different, fatter bodies and either set neck or neck through depending on which SZ you look at. In terms of playability, dunno, never had an SCxxxx. The neck carve is a little fatter than your typical RG but still feels very slim. Think more along the lines of an LP and a PRS Custom had a love child, this is is their baby...

Vrollin

Reaction score
Nice one.

Do they have sz MIJ?

They had an SZ1220, for the European market only, they do pop up for sale from time to time, but depending on where you live, good luck on getting one. If it's worth anything to you, my 2020 and 4020 hold up against my USA PRS...

max2002

Reaction score
Got it. I really like sc body. I didn't even know that this guitar exist sine I'm a rg fan

Latest posts

')