[NGD] Ibanez RG 7421 PB SPB

• Thread starter Rocks256
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rocks256

Reaction score
Hello :)

Well, got new 7 string like week ago and it feels and plays great, even if it isnt a Premium or Uv Ibby. I really love the aqua colour of it. It has no drawbacks, came well made whtout any scratches. Price tag was 500$ (2200 Polish Zlotych in Local Polish Store). I use peavey Vip2 with 6505 effect, sounds good, however i might swap pickups in january do Dimarzio or S.Duncans.

I love how light it is and really easy to play, i did switch from a Schecter hellraiser c7, couldnt stand EMG's. Also scale lenght, i got back to 25"5 from 26"5. Restrining it at the moment with Daddarios 10-46 and 62 for B :)

IMG_20161015_150916.jpg

IMG_20161015_151805.jpg

IMG_20161015_151756.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
looks amazing!
Ibanez did it right with the aesthetics on these models, love these poplar burl tops in blue.

RHEX-7

Reaction score
i feel bad for you. expect a lot of issues. i fell in love with this guitar the first time i saw it. bought it. am very disappointed a year after. the air pockets in the paint have caved in and chipped off. the were sharp to where i would bleed when i first got it but theyve dulled down a lot. the pickups died out. the input jack developed issues. had to resolder. the Low b sting will not stay in tune and will not intonate. the guitar is literally falling apart. and ibanez does not answer their emails. i suppose theyll answer me after the warranty ends. it is their lower line of guitars (not including GIO) so i shouldve known better. hopefully yours is alot better. i feel cheated by ibanez and have already decided to move on and not buy from them again. my next guitar will be a agile or legator or mayones

Tr3vor

Reaction score
i feel bad for you. expect a lot of issues. i fell in love with this guitar the first time i saw it. bought it. am very disappointed a year after. the air pockets in the paint have caved in and chipped off. the were sharp to where i would bleed when i first got it but theyve dulled down a lot. the pickups died out. the input jack developed issues. had to resolder. the Low b sting will not stay in tune and will not intonate. the guitar is literally falling apart. and ibanez does not answer their emails. i suppose theyll answer me after the warranty ends. it is their lower line of guitars (not including GIO) so i shouldve known better. hopefully yours is alot better. i feel cheated by ibanez and have already decided to move on and not buy from them again. my next guitar will be a agile or legator or mayones

That sucks, I've had mine for a year and I don't have any paint bubbles on the front of mine. I think the low string not intonating is a problem with this model though, for A, I have to have the saddle nearly all they way back. otherwise I think you just got a dud.

RHEX-7

Reaction score
That sucks, I've had mine for a year and I don't have any paint bubbles on the front of mine. I think the low string not intonating is a problem with this model though, for A, I have to have the saddle nearly all they way back. otherwise I think you just got a dud.

mines as far back as it can go. sucks. loved ibanez but this took the expeiriance of getting 2-3 duds in a life time all in one guitar at one time. cant wait to get my new guitar to replace it lol

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
I've got the same guitar, same finish and everything, and it's been bulletproof. I actually haven't even really felt the need to switch the pickups out, unlike most Ibanezes I've had.

I would warn against Legator though, Rhex. The cheap fan fret models are tempting but watch this video all the way through and you'll see why. This lines up with all of the complaints I've seen here over the years. I'm pretty much an Ibanez devout but if you didn't like this one then Agile is still a pretty safe bet.

Rocks256

Reaction score

Mine was checked by luthier when it arrived, he told me some of these models had some drawback with paint or electronics. However, the one i got is in a PERFECT condition . I feel really bad for you, hope you can fix it or swap it to another guitar. If you want Mayones, you better come to Poland since it way cheaper to buy ticket and come here for it than overpiced taxes.

Rest of you folks, thanks you :)

Rocks256

Reaction score
I've got the same guitar, same finish and everything, and it's been bulletproof. I actually haven't even really felt the need to switch the pickups out, unlike most Ibanezes I've had.

I would warn against Legator though, Rhex. The cheap fan fret models are tempting but watch this video all the way through and you'll see why. This lines up with all of the complaints I've seen here over the years. I'm pretty much an Ibanez devout but if you didn't like this one then Agile is still a pretty safe bet.

I agree with pickups, Ibanez did really well job with these. However i love S.Duncas sounds :p

RHEX-7

Reaction score

the pickups will die out in a years time lol they do sound amazing at first though. loved mine.

Wolfos

Guitarded
Reaction score
I just bought one online and it's on it's way right now. I really hope there are no issues, the person I bought it from upgraded the pickups to Seymour Duncan Nazgul & Sentients and switched to Hipshot locking tuners, hipshot set bridge+saddles and upgraded the 5 way switch.

It sounds promising to me but I would be really upset if the finish went on the guitar. I was debating on this model or the new RGA732 is seems great for the price.

Wolfos

Guitarded
Reaction score
I forgot to mention that I had to sell my beloved EBMM JP7 with Piezo to pay off debt and I can't live without 7 strings on my guitar so I bought this upgraded guitar really cheap in hopes it will tide me over.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
the pickups will die out in a years time lol they do sound amazing at first though. loved mine.

Die out? That's not really how passive pickups work...

Also, it does sound like you got a dud, but I wouldn't make assumptions about Ibanez based on their low end guitars. And no shame in playing the low end stuff either. My main 7 is a 7421. But these are mass produced and are bound to have some errors. Some worse than others.

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
congrats the 7421 slays
I have an older version of the 7421 though I swapped out the pickups to aftermaths :D

Wolfos

Guitarded
Reaction score

Also, it does sound like you got a dud, but I wouldn't make assumptions about Ibanez based on their low end guitars. And no shame in playing the low end stuff either. My main 7 is a 7421. But these are mass produced and are bound to have some errors. Some worse than others.

Agreed,
I have a 20+ year old $100 epiphone SG and it still works like the day i bought it pickups and all.

Maybe his 7421 was dropped or the wiring was done poorly, if so its an easy fix.

RHEX-7

Reaction score

theyre not as good as they used to be is what im saying. no changes in gear since i bought it. the guitar was not dropped. theres air bubbles in the paint that cave in and chip away. when i have practice on thursday ill take pictures.

')