NGD:Ibanez Rg 7680 LTD

• Thread starter Skylark
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Skylark

Giver of Names
Reaction score
So, for about 2 years I saved every spare and change money, to get me a 7stringer. I read and checked the i-net and testing some 7ers and with the Ibbys I got I fell in love with an Universe 7BK. Finally I had a small amount to get me a used Ibby 7620, S7320 or something but I really GASed for a Universe and was about to save some more, when THIS beast (pics below) crossed my way. I only heard of one or two. Totally unaffordable, never thought to get one, but then…
(I have to apologize, not to post it in the Hot Auktion Thread, but I had to snag it....)

On the evilbay a guy was selling something, he wasnt aware of its beauty and grace. So I p.m.ed him, we negotiated a (redicioulus..) price, and next day I was off to grab it.
It was early as fxxx and in the distance you can see the skyline of Hamburg, Blankenese to be precise
1.jpg

I said it was early
2.jpg

Hit the road
4.jpg

Changed car to leave no traces….
5.jpg

No time for the view
6.jpg

:metal:After some km through germany I got it and reached the mothership:metal:
71.jpg

And here it is.
RG 7680 LTD 1
specs:
-Limited, only 15 of this color were in germany (due to the national distributor) and 15 purple
-Made in Japan-2000
-Basswood body
-5 pieces maple/bubinga, 27" scale neck
-Rosewood fretboard FTW
-24 jumbo frets
-5-way selector switch
-Dimarzio custom H/S/H
-Blue Finish with deep texture on it
-Glow in the dark bindin I call it shining, cause its fuckin bright (body, neck & headstock)
-Lo-Pro Edge
It was in a pretty bad shape, not played for really long time. So its first aid time

10.jpg

Pasta cake. Yeah.
[FONT=&quot]
9.jpg
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Nice Tip, big thanx to Leon![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
11.jpg
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Before [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
12.jpg
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]After[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
13.jpg

[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]
21.jpg
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
22.jpg
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
23.jpg
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
24.jpg
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
35.jpg
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The queen of the ryche[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
26.jpg
[/FONT]
The cleaning and setup took some time, and finally it was ready to rock. Pups are great and in mint condition, its strange but it is the sickest guitar I ve ever played. The neck is absolutly comfy, smooth and feels just...right. I never played a baritone 7er, but it works. Now, when I played my RBM 1 or RG 550 LTD it feels like toys. Not bad though, but different.
I tried to find out something about the 7680, as many others before, but only got answer from the german head of Ibanez telling me how many they imported (15 blue, 15 purple), but he couldn’t tell how many were built at all. On this forum I know of 2 others and there are another 2 or 3 on Jemsite. But that’s about it.
Now I need to thank some guys on this forum who helped ID’ing and finding out what it was, and crossed their fingers. It worked guys!!
Edit: The glow in the dark pictures

DSC00145.jpg

DSC00147.jpg

DSC00148.jpg

[FONT=&quot]That’s it for now, I’m off for some drinks and :shred:[/FONT]

:metal:Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed:metal:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BlindingLight7

Needs moar Gear.....
Reaction score
could you be a jolly good fellow and take some pictures at night? i want to see the "glow in the dark" binding.

keeper006

SWEET BERRY WINE!
Reaction score
Nothing sweeter than finding a deal like that. I got a Martin at a garage sale where an older lady was selling her dead husband's stuff off. Price=$100. she had no idea and said she'd come down on the price, but I told her I was getting a good enough deal already. +1 for your hunting skills.

Skylark

Giver of Names
Reaction score
Thanks guys!
could you be a jolly good fellow and take some pictures at night? i want to see the "glow in the dark" binding.
Yeah, tomorrow itll work, need to mess with my camera a bit
Nothing sweeter than finding a deal like that. I got a Martin at a garage sale where an older lady was selling her dead husband's stuff off. Price=$100. she had no idea and said she'd come down on the price, but I told her I was getting a good enough deal already. +1 for your hunting skills.
Thats a hell of a deal, dude.

slayercannibalsuffohead

Reaction score
To you sir, well done. A sneaky, evil way of obtaining it (not posting in the hot auction thread), I dig your style! :hbang:

Seriously though, well done mate, grabbed a couple of bargains in the last few weeks myself, the pleasure recipricols in my brain are in overloaded pleasure, as would yours be, enjoy.:shred:

Latest posts

')