NGD: Ibanez RG2228A - yep, another one.

TerminalFunction

Reaction score
I finally took the plunge on a Prestige 8 string. After considering the new RG852 but not really liking EMGs being (almost) the only choice in pups. I got a really good deal ($850 off!) on this particular guitar which had been hanging in the store for a while (in Meshuggah's home town, interestingly...) on this 2228 with D activators so jumped the gun and I couldn't be happier!

The neck is really to die for. It's SO thin.

Up until now, I've been playing my RG8 with D Activators and while it's perfectly okay, a Prestige is Prestige...

OK, now for the pics. :)

RG2228_A.jpg

a>
DSC_0301.jpg

DSC_0302.jpg

DSC_0306.jpg

DSC_0303.jpg
DSC_0304.jpg
DSC_0312.jpg

DSC_0314.jpg

RG2228A.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jephjacques

BUTTS LOL
Reaction score
Best 8 Ibanez ever made, IMO. I still regret selling mine even though I own 8-strings 4x the price.

vkw619

Inspired Beginner
Reaction score
I love this guitar! Awesome score.

Only thing I'd change would be the knobs. Just doesn't look right to me for some reason xD

beyondcosmos

Reaction score
Great looking Guitar, man! How do the Dactivators sound? I've been thinking of putting some in my RG1527.

bzhan1

Banned
Reaction score
Best 8 Ibanez ever made, IMO. I still regret selling mine even though I own 8-strings 4x the price.

It's great, but to be fair it's also the most expensive production 8 they ever made. Recently picked one up and even though the bridge looks better I'd rather trade for an 852 bridge to be able to adjust string height

TerminalFunction

Reaction score
Thanks peeps. I've been using D Activators in my RG8 for some years now and I'm reallly fond of them: they're dynamic, punchy, crystal clear and still great for high gain stuff. I really enjoy them.

trayenshreds

sweep tapz brah
Reaction score
HNGD!

I absolutely love my RG2228A. I can't believe they discontinued production on them. I was working at Guitar Center at the time, and the RG2228A I got was literally our last in stock for both Musiciansfriend & GC. :cool:

Anyways cheers man! I know I personally will be never selling mine. Also the classic strat Volume/Tone knobs look cool.. might have to try those instead of the prestige knobs!

-Tray