NGD Ibanez RG2228A!!

MannyMoonjava

Figgjo Fallout Shelter Wizardry
Reaction score
Been hooked on this guitar for about a year now! Its very hard to come by here in Norway (especially the A model), but I have an awesome grandfather and he drove me from Sandnes to Tønsberg (a total of 8 hours) just to try this beautiful instrument. I'm studying, I'm 16 and i dont have a job yet. This guitar costs around 2500$ here, so I HAD to try it before further considerations. My grandpa helped me a bit financially, since they only had 1 in stock (and it would take around a year until they got new shippings).

I tried both the standard and the A model. The standard model with the emg's have a great clean tone, but the A serioulsy kicked ass with distortion.

blahblahblah here are some iPhone pics!!

I havent recorded anything with it yet, but if i do in the near future, i will post it here!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score
hahaha, so curious; the common conception is the other way around, good cleans with passive, and good hi-gain tone with EMG's (although I kinda agree, I've heard some awesome cleans with the EMG version of this guitar)

anyways, you have and amazing grandpa :D and the guitar seems killer too

MannyMoonjava

Figgjo Fallout Shelter Wizardry
Reaction score
hahaha, so curious; the common conception is the other way around, good cleans with passive, and good hi-gain tone with EMG's (although I kinda agree, I've heard some awesome cleans with the EMG version of this guitar)

anyways, you have and amazing grandpa :D and the guitar seems killer too
I know right?? Strange. My agile has emgs and the 28" scale is great for the punchy cleans! I feel the emgs are muddy as hell (with my equipment btw) on the lowers strings, but actually pretty good for leads.
The dimarzios in the ibby are clear an brutal! The 5way switch opens up for some interesting sounds as well.

The Grief Hole

Reaction score
Congrats. Lush guitar. I also thought the EMG cleans (especially the neck) sounded amazing. It really helped meget used to play all around the fret board and creating open chords etc as opposed to relying on the lowest string so much.
Enjoy!

BusinessMan

Reaction score
Awesome! please tell me what the difference is between the regular 2228 and the 2228a? i seriously see no difference other then the pickups.

Philligan

The White-Knuckler
Contributor
Reaction score
Awesome! please tell me what the difference is between the regular 2228 and the 2228a? i seriously see no difference other then the pickups.

Other than the finish (plain black on the A vs Galaxy Black), the only difference is in the pickups.

Eclipse

Reaction score
I get seriously jealous every time I see a RG2228a NGD. I have been wantin one of these for a long time now but I have other things I have to spend money on before buying another guitar.

HNGD man! Fantastic 8 strings for sure!

HL7DS

Reaction score
Absolutely great guitar - congrats!!!
I just swapped EMGs to to D-Activators in my 2228 so I can imagine what you felt when trying both models :)