NGD! Ibanez RG3250MZ White Custom

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alcmiller

Reaction score
Damn that is a fine guitar you've got there man. Should post some clips sometime if you get the opportunity to!

lawizeg

Reaction score
This is one of two Ibbys I like.

HOT. Can't wait to hear you use it man!

GXPO

Reaction score
Awesome guitar. I wonder if LACs would give an endorsee disappearing pyramid inlays.. Would love to have a 6 string PWH (Or the seven for that matter). HNGD dude!

DMAallday

Reaction score
I REALLY love this. I've never owned an Ibanez and this may change that. I want a new guitar for drop A# as well. I use super thick string, .13 - .80. Does anyone know if this will work well on an RG like this? and can you buy those specific mahogany blocks somewhere? I would use this trem for the exact same purpose.

Chuck

Reaction score
I REALLY love this. I've never owned an Ibanez and this may change that. I want a new guitar for drop A# as well. I use super thick string, .13 - .80. Does anyone know if this will work well on an RG like this? and can you buy those specific mahogany blocks somewhere? I would use this trem for the exact same purpose.

How about 12-64? 13-80 is entirely too thick I think, it will suck all the tone away, be harder to play, and not to mention it put unneeded stress on the instrument

Chasethebreather

Reaction score
How about 12-64? 13-80 is entirely too thick I think, it will suck all the tone away, be harder to play, and not to mention it put unneeded stress on the instrument

I've always hated thick strings so for A#, I use 11-54. It's lighter than most would use but as long as you're not hammering on it, you should be fine.

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
I dunno man, I had an 11-54 set in Drop C and I found the low string a little flubby. But then again, I may be more heavy handed than I think. lol
I use 12-60 In drop C, a 12-64 set for A#, and 14-70 in G#. Personal preference is all.

DMAallday

Reaction score

I can try going lower. I do play a little on the hard side tho...I'm assuming that this kind of bridge may be better. Since everything is locked it will stay in tune?

I've always hated thick strings so for A#, I use 11-54. It's lighter than most would use but as long as you're not hammering on it, you should be fine.

What gauge do you use for drop C then?

Tyler

Reaction score
This makes me really want to try a maple fretboard. Somehow I still havent been able to do that yet. Super stoked to hear this on the new record if you're using it in the studio.

')