NGD: Ibanez RG565...finally!

• Thread starter Bones43x
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bones43x

Reaction score
I’ve wanted one of these for so long! After about years searching for the right one, I finally pulled the trigger on this ‘91 Laser Blue RG565.

FCE04EEE-CD3F-4E2E-B7B6-A4F765E50208.jpeg

C93F384F-0DF7-42B4-A436-D6CAEC22752E.jpeg

E29854E2-98D7-497B-ABDB-E593A0D765E1.jpeg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

hamster

Reaction score
Happy NGD ! What a beautiful guitar ! This color is amazing ! Congrats !

Bones43x

Reaction score
Happy NGD ! What a beautiful guitar ! This color is amazing ! Congrats !

Thanks. The laser blue is hard to capture, but it guess it’s apparent in the photos how much the color changes depending on the angle and lighting.

Very cool,digging the blue knobs and fret markers
Congrat and enjoy.

The color-matched inlays, reverse headstock and pickup configuration are what make the RG565 special. I don’t know why they haven’t done a proper Japanese reissue.

The knobs were installed by the previous owner. I like them, but normally I prefer white knobs and pickups, especially in this guitar. The only problem is that I like the stock pickups. I was hoping I’d hate them, so I had a reason to change them that wasn’t purely aesthetic.

BlackSG91

Loves Black Guitars & Meng Mengs
Reaction score
Well that is one special looking guitar made in the same year as my Gibson SG Special.:) I really dig the colour of your guitar. I have the perfect name for the colour...Ferrari Blue.;)

;>)/

_MonSTeR_

Reaction score
There is just something so "right" about the RG565, from the pickup layout to the matching headstock and matching dot inlays. Without a doubt one of the best RGs ever.

Zahs

Hmm, Upgrades?
Reaction score
HGGNNHHH!

An Ibanez RG565 original are a tough find!!!! Especially in Lazer Blue, Congrats!! It looks like it's in good condition too!

In terms of design, this is the best RG - hoping for a MIJ genesis model in the future.
I couldn't find one, so I got myself a RGR465m - (still a good guitar)

Bones43x

Reaction score
HGGNNHHH!

An Ibanez RG565 original are a tough find!!!! Especially in Lazer Blue, Congrats!! It looks like it's in good condition too!

In terms of design, this is the best RG - hoping for a MIJ genesis model in the future.
I couldn't find one, so I got myself a RGR465m - (still a good guitar)

Thanks! It has the one ding on the bottom edge, and a small crack in the neck joint on the bass side...typical stuff. But that’s it, cosmetically. It has a broken trem, which has been glued in place, temporarily. I have a new Edge trem on the way. Other than that, it just needs a good cleaning and setup. It’s really great for a 28-year-old guitar.

Like you, I had been hoping Ibanez would come out with a reissue. I’ve been trying to buy one of these for the longest time. Most people that are selling these know that they have something special, so they aren’t giving them away. This one was probably the cleanest one I’ve seen for sale.

')