NGD: Ibanez RG721MFMA straight out of Japan

• Thread starter rifftrauma
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rifftrauma

Trapped in time...
Contributor
Reaction score
Took two days to get from Tokyo to my doorstep. Very pleased thus far with everything. I've been wanting to try an Ibanez hardtail for a while now and this little gem caught my eye. Anyways I'll let the pron speak for itself! Sorry about the lighting in the pictures, Sauron's tower casts a shadow here in D.C. midday.

pDL5YQs.jpg

uTWYI8N.jpg

LHt2IQt.jpg

Oy7Stpy.jpg

ZNAcA2B.jpg

ADvIU5I.jpg

5Dq5gCt.jpg

rbhiMIL.jpg

yuFTrPk.jpg

nQnT6Zt.jpg

d4Dq20k.jpg

VcN0qyr.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

aneurysm

Type o´Negative
Reaction score
Happy NGD Mate...what a beautiful girl she is :lol:
This particular Model is also on my Gas list, so after you played the s... out of her, tell me your impressions !
The Top looks like a satin finish instead of gloss ?

Chuck

Reaction score
What is the lower cavity on the back for? Also that ash is really attractive.

That's for the input jack. Ibanez uses barrel jacks.

HNGD man! Do you feel that thing is worth $900? I'd love to have one, but I'm uneasy about spending that much on a Premium.

max3000

Reaction score
This has GOT to be my favorite looking Ibanez ever. AMAZING!

Zak1233

Contributor
Reaction score
10/10 would try to eat, reminds me of a Milky Bar

rifftrauma

Trapped in time...
Contributor
Reaction score
That's for the input jack. Ibanez uses barrel jacks.

HNGD man! Do you feel that thing is worth $900? I'd love to have one, but I'm uneasy about spending that much on a Premium.

I'd say if you'd be willing to upgrade the pickups then go for it. Right out of the bag I changed the strings, tuned her up and was ready to rock and roll. Playability is great, the bridge was easy to adjust, but the stock picks sound like shit compared to the rest of my lineup. I've got a pair of blackhawks I'm contemplating dropping in her, but I've also really been wanting to try D Activators so who knows.

For me the neck is a huge deal, part of the reason I really like Ibanez guitars. As far as actual craftsmanship goes, I can definitely tell the difference between this and my prestige. There are IMO clear distinctions between this and some of the higher end Ibanez's, but that being said the price was right and I loved the aesthetics. Just a bummer these aren't readily available state side. I think we have a lot of people who would like a prestige or higher end Ibanez hardtail...

rifftrauma

Trapped in time...
Contributor
Reaction score
Shoot me a PM and I'll send you the sites you can order them off of.

noUser01

Still can't play.
Reaction score
Oh god, I'm so jealous of you. Congratulations man, that is an amazing guitar!

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
Totally didn't know those had an ash body as opposed to the basswood on the darker model....I owned one of those and it felt "off" for some reason. This looks pretty classy.

')