NGD: Ibanez RG7421, modded, BKP.

• Thread starter Whiskey_Funeral
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Whiskey_Funeral

Reaction score
Okay, so not really a new guitar day because I've had it for a few weeks, but here she is. I dropped a BKP Aftermath in the bridge, installed a chrome pickguard from my buddy Mike, and replaced the saddles with Graph Tech String Savers. The nut, tuners, and neck pickup will probably end up being swapped out at some point.

The BKP Aftermath, I've got to say...best metal pickup I've ever played - hands down. They're definitely worth the price. In basswood, it sounds very articulate and punchy. Sounds great with loads of distortion thrown at it.

Before:

IMAG0155.jpg

After:

IMAG0234.jpg

IMAG0224.jpg

IMAG0229.jpg

IMAG0221.jpg

IMAG0242.jpg

IMAG0247.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BlackWinds10

Kick em in the nuts!
Reaction score
Looks nice with that pickguard. For some reason I would imagine it would look great with green hardware/dots

solarian

Reaction score
Wow, gotta say that pickup looks AWESOME! I'm sure the BKP is upmost sex too, nice guitar!!!

BenEllerGuitars

Reaction score
Looking great! The RG7 necks with the bubinga stripe feel amazing. Glad you're digging the Aftermath in the bridge position. Every time i use mine i am floored!

GoCards

Reaction score
How do you like the string savers with that bridge? I just recently got an rg7421 and i was thinking about getting some.

Whiskey_Funeral

Reaction score
How do you like the string savers with that bridge? I just recently got an rg7421 and i was thinking about getting some.

They're pretty nice. I don't notice a huge difference in the tone (though it might be a little more bright), but they're definitely a ton more comfortable than the saddles that come on the 7421.

VBCheeseGrater

not quite a shredder
Reaction score
Nice man! Pretty ballsy of you to add the pickguard to a plain guitar - looks unique and stands out from the crowd - very cool

')