NGD! Ibanez RG7421

• Thread starter Conspiracy795
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know there's a lot of these.

Not sure why I'm so in love with this guitar but I am. Got impatient waiting for the Artisan Majesty to come in so I ordered this and it came in wayyy faster than expected

I had a couple Ibanezes in the past (7321 was my first 7 string). Saw this one, fell in love with the colour.

This sounds better than my old 7321.

Going to swap the pups for CL/LF though.

NbYKCM1.jpg

c1XvSo0.jpg

zmVHy2A.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zjb7777

Reaction score
Happy new guitar day! Ive been considering the same guitar, how are you liking it? I have a Jackson JS22-7 and i want to get something different. I have that guitar for active tone, i want something to get good passive tone, im fine changing the pickups but could you give a simple rundown on the overall quality of the guitar?

Reaction score
Happy new guitar day! Ive been considering the same guitar, how are you liking it? I have a Jackson JS22-7 and i want to get something different. I have that guitar for active tone, i want something to get good passive tone, im fine changing the pickups but could you give a simple rundown on the overall quality of the guitar?

I love it. I'm from Canada and the dollar is pretty .... so I think I paid more than I should have (but that's my own fault) I was just being impulsive. That being said it's a fantastic guitar for my hands. Finish was flawless, no issues. the build quality was unreal for an Indonesian guitar (The RGs I've had previously were Japanese). It's REALLY fun to play. I'm playing it through my Mark V and I will admit that my Channel 3(Lead/Heavy Gain) does not sound as nice as I wanted...but that's me being spoiled with my JP7/Majesty 7. I think with the CL/LF Combo It'll be perfect for me. I knew that before I bought the guitar though. I love the clean tone though, I took a quick clip last night if you want to see. Just my Clean Channel with a TC Electronic Flashback and JP Chorus. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krP1wl_4GcQ

Overall I would recommend it. Neck is super smooth. It isn't too heavy. It's the white I fell in love with. I think even in another colour its the only 7 I would consider in that price range.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
\ Finish was flawless, no issues. the build quality was unreal for an Indonesian guitar.

For real dude, I just picked up one of these (b-stock though, so some cosmetic problems. Half price though!) a couple months ago and these MiI guys are really getting better at what they do. Honestly the only difference I notice from swapping back to my Prestige is that the neck on the Prestige is more comfortable, that's about it. Huge guitars for the price.

HNGD :hbang:

Kiwimac

Reaction score
Ooo pretty. I've never been a fan of white guitars, no idea why, but that is a nice looking guitar. Enjoy!

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
I had one of these, and still own the neck of it. It was decent, but not overly remarkable. The fret ends were a little rough and the tuning machines are super touchy. Currently the neck is on a perle body, oddly enough with a crunch lab in it.

Looks cool, and the profile on the necks is also nice. The only real issue is the tuning machines, and those can be changed easily. (And the stock ones work well enough where swapping isn't necessary.)

Congrats, and enjoy!

zjb7777

Reaction score
I love it. I'm from Canada and the dollar is pretty .... so I think I paid more than I should have (but that's my own fault) I was just being impulsive. That being said it's a fantastic guitar for my hands. Finish was flawless, no issues. the build quality was unreal for an Indonesian guitar (The RGs I've had previously were Japanese). It's REALLY fun to play. I'm playing it through my Mark V and I will admit that my Channel 3(Lead/Heavy Gain) does not sound as nice as I wanted...but that's me being spoiled with my JP7/Majesty 7. I think with the CL/LF Combo It'll be perfect for me. I knew that before I bought the guitar though. I love the clean tone though, I took a quick clip last night if you want to see. Just my Clean Channel with a TC Electronic Flashback and JP Chorus. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krP1wl_4GcQ

Overall I would recommend it. Neck is super smooth. It isn't too heavy. It's the white I fell in love with. I think even in another colour its the only 7 I would consider in that price range.

Awesome, thank you so much! I think I'm gonna buy one. So torn between white and the flat walnut though. Itll probably be a last minute decision though, i doubt I'll regret either, but again, thanks man!

ToneLab

Bedroom Playa
Reaction score
I had one and it was awesome. Sounded pretty damn good with the stock Quantum pups. Sold it to buy a Prestige 752. It's awesome too of course but honestly I don't notice a huge difference in anything but the looks. The sub purple prestige in the right light is just dark evil beauty.

SDMFVan

Reaction score
I have one and swapped in a white Nazgul/Sentient set, and it sounds crushing now. Amazing guitar for the money I have into it.

20160116_215346_zpsqw5kycw3.jpg

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
the tuning machines are super touchy.

Haha, yeah. At least on the low end for mine, tuning the B string on my 7421 is like doing surgery with a butcher knife. If it doesn't move a whole half step whenever you touch it, it doesn't move at all :lol:

Kinda like it though. Makes the constant retuning it has to go through from being my only 7 a bit quicker.

I have one and swapped in a white Nazgul/Sentient set, and it sounds crushing now. Amazing guitar for the money I have into it.

Those white bobbins are crisp :yesway:
Solid choice.

Black_Sheep

Reaction score
HNGD! Can't go wrong with a "good ol' Ibby" like this.

I've been thinking about getting one as a back-up guitar.

')