NGD: Ibanez RG752 Axe Palace custom run

• Thread starter kevdes93
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Genome

Reaction score
I've got an RG3727FZ (mahogany) that also came with PAF 7's and I swapped them out for Dimarzio Titans, and it's an awesome combination.

HNGD!

TommyG

Tommy G
Reaction score
Wow, Nice Guitar.

Is the action really that low ?
I wish I could get my Iron Label that low without buzz ....

kevdes93

Sassy
Reaction score
Wow, Nice Guitar.

Is the action really that low ?
I wish I could get my Iron Label that low without buzz ....

Yep, action is super low without a hint of buzz! You should take a trip to the store one day and get that iron label a setup, it's totally worth the drive!

Halikus

Reaction score
Thought about replacing that gibraltar with hipshots direct replacement?

MattThePenguin

Reaction score
I still don't understand what the issue is with the stock Ibanez bridge and why you would want to spend the time and money to replace it. I've owned two hipshot guitars and this exact Prestige, and I like them all. The Prestige sounds the best, intonates, and holds tuning just as well. Sustain is out of this world, low end has a lot of punch, and the bridge is extremely comfortable. Seeing the people on every single solitary Ibanez thread linking the hipshot replacement is starting to make me nauseous.

But that's just my opinion.

By the way, here is mine :D

15yets6.jpg

Alexlopez

Reaction score
+1 on the gibralatar bridge. I actually love the thing. No need for a Hipshot replacement. They should make Hipshot bridge replacements for the budget ibanez stuff and older japs tho..

Mathemagician

Reaction score
The only thing I can think of is that the old Gibraltar was an uncomfortable turd, so everyone just assumes the new version is.

Fierce_Swe

Reaction score
Awesome guitar!!! HNGD! It looks absolutely over the top!!! Me wants!!! :)

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
The only thing I can think of is that the old Gibraltar was an uncomfortable turd, so everyone just assumes the new version is.

Thats mostly the main reason. It had some problems so has a bad rep.

Thing is hipshot and Schaller desperately need to update/redesign their bridges using the Gibraltar II's upgrades and tweaks.

Reaction score
wow i just saw this!! HNGD, that looks incredible! way better than the wired guitarist runs, IMO.
also pretty cool that ibanez has started doing these limited spec'd out runs, definitely gotta get in on the next one!

kevdes93

Sassy
Reaction score
wow i just saw this!! HNGD, that looks incredible! way better than the wired guitarist runs, IMO.
also pretty cool that ibanez has started doing these limited spec'd out runs, definitely gotta get in on the next one!

Thanks man, yeah I really wasn't a fan of the WG run. It had potential to be cool but having everyone vote on the specs was the problem, it kinda turned Into a mess of random specs that didn't really go together IMO

Axe palace knew what they were doing when they specced these out :shred:

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Thanks man, yeah I really wasn't a fan of the WG run. It had potential to be cool but having everyone vote on the specs was the problem, it kinda turned Into a mess of random specs that didn't really go together IMO

Axe palace knew what they were doing when they specced these out :shred:

Thanks man! Glad you dig it, thanks for the support.

By the way, here is mine :D

15yets6.jpg

Lookin' good! So happy to see people rocking these guitars I helped design. Makes me proud :) You see our new purple RG7 run?

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Mad jelly. That thing is beautiful. I'd like to get in on an Axe Palace run sometime soon.

')