NGD....Ibanez rg752ahm

• Thread starter crwnedblasphemy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

crwnedblasphemy

all things metal!
Reaction score

Got it about month ago, but put on some NYXL 57-9 and had the frets rounded as they came pretty sharp. I sold my Schecter KM-7II about 6 months ago, was looking for a little shorter scale length, and not the jumbo frets. Anyway, I dig it a lot and it stays in tune really well.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

goobaba

Reaction score
Happy NGD! I think the KM7 neck is too wide and long for my taste, I much prefer the Ibby 7 neck I have which is a '99 RG7420. Have you had any experience with the older necks vs what's in the current lineup? I think the sharp fret edges tend to happen a little more on the Ibby maple fretboards than rosewood for whatever reason. Looks like you did some kind of pickup swap on it? Maybe a Dimarzio Drop Sonic?

Frey

Reaction score
Happy NGD indeed! She's a beaut, I love that shade of green. Definitely surprising to hear the frets were sharp, I thought Ibanez was especially famous for their fret jobs. Mine have all been super so far too. The KM7 fretboards are indeed wide and are bout a half an inch wider than all my other 7s.

r33per

Reaction score
HNGD, my RG752AHM brother! I love this guitar and your vid is rockin' :hungus:

crwnedblasphemy

all things metal!
Reaction score
Happy NGD! I think the KM7 neck is too wide and long for my taste, I much prefer the Ibby 7 neck I have which is a '99 RG7420. Have you had any experience with the older necks vs what's in the current lineup? I think the sharp fret edges tend to happen a little more on the Ibby maple fretboards than rosewood for whatever reason. Looks like you did some kind of pickup swap on it? Maybe a Dimarzio Drop Sonic?

I have a 2000 ibanez rg2020xtb that has original wizard neck. That’s nice too. Yup. I e heard the iby maples frets get sharp on a couple of occasions. Pickups are a Crunchlab and a blaze. Came to me that way as I bought it used. They sound good though.

crwnedblasphemy

all things metal!
Reaction score
Happy NGD indeed! She's a beaut, I love that shade of green. Definitely surprising to hear the frets were sharp, I thought Ibanez was especially famous for their fret jobs. Mine have all been super so far too. The KM7 fretboards are indeed wide and are bout a half an inch wider than all my other 7s.

Didn’t realize they were that much wider, but looking back I guess so. Anyway, this guitar is much more up my alley and suited for me.

Frey

Reaction score
Didn’t realize they were that much wider, but looking back I guess so. Anyway, this guitar is much more up my alley and suited for me.

They really are! Specifically 7/16s of an inch wider than all of my Ibanez 7s. Forgot to complement your playing before by the way, twas excellent!

Latest posts

')