NGD: Ibanez RG7621 (Finally!)

• Thread starter Dooky
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dooky

Reaction score
I have wanted one of these for so long. These are quite hard to find where I live. A couple have been up for sale, but were in very poor condition.
This one is still in a well played condition; with a few minor chips and scratches, but apart from that it's pretty good.
It has a set of Bare Knuckle Nailbomb pickups in the neck and bridge. Hipshot tuners and Hipshot bridge (although I have never seen a Hipshot bridge like this one before, but it's still a very nice bridge).
7621-01_zpsh1lqv9oi.jpg

7621-02_zpsvefoinnn.jpg

My dog, Brunhilde approves:yesway:
7621-03_zpsin5rayc3.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vrollin

Reaction score
Nice one mate! What separates this model from the 7321 or 7421?

crushingattack

Reaction score
Nice workhorse, black, simple but reliable - really like the flavour of green pickups! Looks like it is in a good condition! :) Congratulations! :yesway:

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
Nice! I've got a similar bridge on my 7421xl, though mine is the stock baseplate that I added Hipshot saddles to. Congrats and HNGD!

Dooky

Reaction score
Nice one mate! What separates this model from the 7321 or 7421?
Cheers dude!:yesway:
The RG7621 is very similar to the RG7421, both made in Japan and have the same necks. However, the RG7621 had better hardware (bridge mainly) and pickups. The RG7321 was made in Indonesia, had a completely different neck and cheaper hardware & pickups.

I put a sticker on the back of each of my guitars. This one seemed the best fit for this guitar.
7621-04_zpsvdli8vll.jpg

Yeah_man

Reaction score
Cheers dude!:yesway:
The RG7621 is very similar to the RG7421, both made in Japan and have the same necks. However, the RG7621 had better hardware (bridge mainly) and pickups. The RG7321 was made in Indonesia, had a completely different neck and cheaper hardware & pickups.

I put a sticker on the back of each of my guitars. This one seemed the best fit for this guitar.
7621-04_zpsvdli8vll.jpg

HOMER SMASH!

Man thats a cool sticker and matches the BKPs perfectly!

phonix

Reaction score
Nice one man, always awesome when you finally reach your guitar goals! Looks like it's in good condition. Nice dog too!

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
Congrats man.
There was a group buy thing on SS.org, quite a few years ago now, with Hipshot bridges that were made specifically to replace the bridge on the RG7421/RG7621s, so that would be the most likely explanation of the bridge on your guitar.
I have one of those bridges on my RG7421 too, a good quality improvement over the original el cheapo stock bridge.

Dooky

Reaction score
Congrats man.
There was a group buy thing on SS.org, quite a few years ago now, with Hipshot bridges that were made specifically to replace the bridge on the RG7421/RG7621s, so that would be the most likely explanation of the bridge on your guitar.
I have one of those bridges on my RG7421 too, a good quality improvement over the original el cheapo stock bridge.
Ahh, sounds like this could be were the bridge came from. It's a really nice bridge, just couldn't find much info about it in the half-assed search I did.

Nice one man, always awesome when you finally reach your guitar goals! Looks like it's in good condition. Nice dog too!
Cheers dude! I've wanted one for about 15 years, just ended up buying other guitars and never really finding the right RG7621. So stoked to final have one.

Albi

Reaction score
If dog approves, who am I to say otherwise? :p
Great guitar. I've had an RG7620 and an RG7420 and both were great guitars

')