[NGD] Ibanez RG8 Blue/Cyan + Mods

• Thread starter gunslingerjh
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gunslingerjh

Headless Mofo
Reaction score
My very first Ibanez! Can't put it down since I modded the hell out of it! I don't have a fancy camera, so these will have to do for now!

Mods:

- Blue/Cyan refinish
- Dimarzio D-Activator 8 (white)
- Hipshot Open Gear Locking Tuners
- DR Strings TF8-11

2u4lsp4.jpg

2l8xlhl.jpg

2qu535g.jpg

35bt66w.jpg

63rq69.jpg

153qvl2.jpg

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
That's an excellent color, and the white pups and silver tuners go great!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

blckrnblckt

Reaction score
Looks nothing like the depressing black 8 string it was stock. Looks a lot brighter and happier. HNGD!

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
That looks fantastic! I especially love the white pickups....would love a pair of white pickups for my RG8WH. Nice color and great job!

FollowTheSigns

Reaction score
Very nice!

I would suggest changing the tuner pegs to white ones also, think it would look great. Orrr black as someone suggested.

redlol

Reaction score
Nice mods dude! how are you liking the d-activators?

Slunk Dragon

Gear Nerder
Reaction score
That shade of blue looks gorgeous! Very nice mod job, it looks really clean apart from the slight mist on the top, though honestly even if it were my guitar, I wouldn't be bothered about it too much.

JoeuJGM

Reaction score
How did I miss this one, great job on the mods! Looks 10000x better than the boring black or white it comes in, love that shade of blue. This makes me want to refinish my RGA8 now, the black is a tad bit overdone now that I think about it. HNGD!

hiroprotagonist

SUPPLIES!!!
Reaction score
Looks great! I bet bringing the paintline just a a hair down the sides of the headstock would look awesome - almost like a cap, you know what I mean?

gunslingerjh

Headless Mofo
Reaction score
Looks great! I bet bringing the paintline just a a hair down the sides of the headstock would look awesome - almost like a cap, you know what I mean?

Yeah might be cool, but I tried to keep the original paintlines as much as possible! Made a small error at the top of the headstock though..