NGD : Ibanez RG9

Koloss85

The Doomslayer
Reaction score
I can't ....ing wait to hear this thing. I'm jealous.
Also do you feel the lundgren combat some of the potential mud for to relatively low scale or is it not even really an issue (in know more individual taste)?
Also is the neck wizard-y or thicker. I love ibanez necks and am curious how this beast feels.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

big_aug

Reaction score
For sure looking forward to the audio clips

Toejam

Reaction score
Very cool. :) I love my 8-strings, not sure I could ever get used to 9 personally.

stuglue

Reaction score
No case, but the telegraph cable of a bottom string did attract a couple of crows.

trayenshreds

sweep tapz brah
Reaction score
Super stoked on hearing the audio results with the Lundgren M9's :)

After seeing your post, I had to break down and order one of these for myself...

Should ship on the 15th! Muahahahhah.. 9 strings....

Nag

chugs and screams
Reaction score
before I even clicked the link to read this thread, I remembered the thread where you pimped your RG8 with a Lundgren and a Floyd. I was asking myself if you'd do the same to the RG9, but I remembered there's no 9-string floyd.

And then I opened this thread "I wait for the Floyd 9" :lol:

HNGD man. May the djent be with you.

Dominoes282

Mixing Engineer
Reaction score
COOL...

Put there some Graphtech's ghost saddles and pre-amp...

DITTO on the preamp. Meshuggah uses this in Mårten and Fredrik's 2006 LACS so maybe you'll be getting the sound to the effect of Obzen, which is beast :hbang::hbang:

Ericjutsu

Reaction score
I really wish this guitar was 30 inch scale length. 28 seems just too short for a 9 string. How do you feel about it?

Ron Head

keep calm raise hell
Reaction score
The 28" are perfect for me ; the ascending scales with every extra string seem logical ( so a 6 with 25,5 , a 7 with 26,5/27 , an 8 with 27 , and then a 9 with 28" )
and with a 9 stringer , no fanned frets , a 28" has the right balance for the upper strings aswell , ofcourse with the right stringset gauge ; a longer scale would definatly take away that option in the higher region ...

It's also more comfortable when you play and switch 6,7,8 and 9s a lot ; not really need to adjust every time to this 'new feel' of another scale ( 26.5, 27, 28 are still pretty close to one and other )

So ,personally i think it's more practical sticking with these scales ; for specific goals ( certain styles and/or tones) you can always get other scales ( for example the M80M with its 29" is just perfect for rythms ..and a 25,5 " 7 stringer is perfect for shredding )

Find the balance in your guitar when you're looking for comfort , tone , style ; and mess a little with the stringsets to get to that balance ( basicly a shorter scale needs thicker strings and viceversa , but to certain limits ; it does effect your tone .. )

')