NGD: Ibanez RGD2127FX

• Thread starter Triple7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
Well I finally pulled the trigger and bought one. I have been looking into getting a baritone 7 for a couple of months now. I had an RG7421 setup in drop Ab, and just didn't like the way it felt. I have been going back and forth between this, and a Skervesen for a couple of weeks now, and decided to go with the Ibby. The Ibanez is a bit cheaper, and I wouldn't have to wait long to get it, not to mention I am a bit of an Ibanez fanboy. I do plan on getting a Skervesen though down the road a bit, because those guitars are just freakin beautiful.

Obligatory Pics

So after playing it all afternoon, I'm definitely happy with my decision. This guitar plays like a freakin dream. As stated in a previous review, the stock pickups really aren't that bad at all. I'll eventually swap them out, but it isn't urgent. I love the flat black paint, and the fact that it doesn't have a tone knob, because I never use it. With the extended scale, drop Ab sounds great, and the string tension feels awesome too.

Needless to say, I'm glad they released the RGD series with a fixed bridge, because trems aren't my thing.:metal:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
It's really comfortable to play on actually. I was skeptical when I first saw a picture of it, but after reading I think it was Shitson's review about it being really comfortable, I went for it.

5thFaceOfBrahma

Reaction score
HNGD !!! Hope you love yours as much as I love mine.
A fixed bridge Prestige with a longer scale, Ibanez is heading in the right direction :yesway:

Noisy Humbucker

Only obsesses over guitars when not playing them.
Reaction score
GAS will be the death of me, I've had my future RGD/FX spec'd out for 6 months now. This whole "married and financially responsible" thing is highly overrated.

EDIT: Oh, and HNGD!

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I hear you guys with financial obligations, I do have many myself. Fortunately I caught a break, and some extra cash.

I will say that if any of you do get the chance to pick one up, go for it. This guitar is definitely worth the money.

I'm still trying to figure out how I can swing buying some new pickups too haha.

Sepultorture

Murder Machine
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I hear you guys with financial obligations, I do have many myself. Fortunately I caught a break, and some extra cash.

I will say that if any of you do get the chance to pick one up, go for it. This guitar is definitely worth the money.

I'm still trying to figure out how I can swing buying some new pickups too haha.

D-Activators

thank me later

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
hngd that lower horn is so thin are you worried it's just gonna SNAP off?

will_shred

Wannabe audio engineer
Reaction score
Tight end bridges are the shit. I'd say they're probably one of the best fixed bridges on the market, 2nd only to hannes.

HNGD :yesway:

Sepultorture

Murder Machine
Reaction score
Tight end bridges are the shit. I'd say they're probably one of the best fixed bridges on the market, 2nd only to hannes.

HNGD :yesway:

two different materials, all metal vs Graphite, all opinion also

i don't see any bridge as being number 1, but def my current fave fixed bridge for sure

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
I love these, if there were an RGD8 I'd weep with joy.

Happy NGD.

')