NGD: Ibanez RGD2127FX

• Thread starter haydn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

haydn

Reaction score
I'm sure a lot of these have been posted before but I've never done a NGD post before and I'm super excited about this guitar.

Being the owner of a few other Ibanez prestige models, I had high expectations for this guitar and it completely met them. The matte black finish looks great. It is a very comfortable guitar to play, especially with the hard tail bridge. The horns are contoured so the high frets are very easy to reach - probably more so than any other guitar I own. The placement of the pickup switch is super convenient too. As expected the neck is super fast but I found this one especially comfortable - it was much easier to adjust to than my RG927 (that might be because it was my first 7 string though).

Anyways, this guitar shreds and I highly recommend it. Currently at my parents house where I only have my iPad with JamUp/Bias so I'm looking forward to getting home and plugging into my 6534+:hbang:. Gonna swap out the pickups tomorrow (though it doesn't sound bad at all as it is).

RGD1.jpg

RGD2.jpg

RGD3.jpg

RGD4.jpg

RGD5.jpg

RGD6.jpg

RGD7.jpg

RGD8.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

enghell

Funeral Doom
Reaction score
HNGD! You've got a sweet axe right there, mate. :hbang:

Got one of these myself and it's amazing except for the stock pickups (changed mine to BKP ceramic Warpigs the same day I got it), so I understand that you're changing them too, to really get the full potential. Otherwise these guitars are pure awesomeness and win, so congratulations! :)

GreatWhiteYeti

Reaction score
HNGD bro! When I got mine I noticed the same thing about the stock pick ups. If you get the chance to record any samples, I'd love to hear how that D Sonic sounds in there!

Just a heads up: the finish comes off really really easily. Be careful! (I had to learn that one the hard way)

Niloy63

Reaction score
HNGD!!! I recently got the bastard half-brother of your guitar, the RGD7321, and I love it! Yes, it needed a full setup, a pickup swap, new tuners and a properly cut nut to really shine through, but it now plays and sounds great! I can only imagine how badass yours is right out of the case! Great choice, and congrats on your new axe, bro!

Out of curiousity, what are your thoughts on the stock pickups? Mine came with the stock neck p'up and an Evo 7 in the bridge (bought it used), and I still thought it sounded terrible. It wasn't until I installed a Nazgul/Sentient set that the guitar awakened from its slumber.

redwng1

Reaction score
Awesome Guitar, Have one myself and just swapped out the stock pickups for BK Juggernaut's...Love it. Great Choice bro!

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
Congrats mang. That's a great guitar, I love mine so much. I recently swapped out the bridge pickup for a bareknuckle nailbomb and it freakin screams!

')