NGD : Ibanez RGD2127z ISH - Epic Content! [Lots of Pictures!]

• Thread starter CloudAC
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CloudAC

Chaz
Reaction score
So there I was, getting ready for work at 7.30am, where I go and check the tracking status of my new guitar. Still transporting! Its been a week now, and the weather has practically put the UK's postal services to a near halt. I was getting sadly impatient!

Losing hope for the day, I get back from work and check the status at like 4pm to find that it was at the local depot. Success! I zoomed my way there and picked it up, otherwise id never get the damn guitar this week! :lol:

And here it is, beautiful!

Big box is big! A bit too big actually!

Picture64.jpg

Ohhhhh yes!

Picture65-1.jpg

The case was a lot smaller than I thought it would be. Very pleased with this.

Picture66.jpg

ONE!

Picture67.jpg

TWO!

Picture68.jpg

THREE!

Picture69.jpg

PANTS. SOILED. :scream:

Picture70.jpg

Beautiful body, loving the curves and bevels!

Picture77.jpg

Cutaway is insane. Not only does it look badass, but the access is just second to none.

Picture79.jpg

Love the neck, it isnt too thin or too large, it fits my hand rather nicely. Always loved 5pc necks too.

Picture72.jpg

Bonus features!

Very nifty Prestige tool, although the allen keys are very long and feel like they'll snap if you twist too hard. But still, very handy and compact, definitely gonna use it

Picture75.jpg

Picture74.jpg

Picture76.jpg

Tremolo bar, stud locks [Anyone tell me what the hell they're for?] , some tighter springs.

Picture81.jpg

Picture82.jpg

Volume knob has great grip to it for even the sweatiest of concerts. Pick up toggle is placed very well to easily switch, I can see myself using this a LOT.

Picture85.jpg

Picture80.jpg

Picture86.jpg

Overall, extremely pleased with it. Had a slight hiccup with the Edge Zero but Max helped me and its all sorted and works great! I have a Bare Knuckle Miracle Man sitting right next to me waiting to be installed too, however, the stock pickups dont sound that bad. The low end is a bit muddy, which is ironic, but overall they sound not bad at all!

Any questions, fire away guys, thanks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Congrats man!

Those "stud locks" are to be inserted into the studs of the trem posts. When they're tightened they "lock" the studs in place so they don't have any travel during trem use. It's a way to further increase tuning stability.

There's more about it on Ibanez Rules, just look for "the locking stud mod".

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
No pics of you with the guitar!

Something I always miss with NGD threads...

Cool axe dude, my shop's had one on order a while, won't be in til april apparently :-(

CloudAC

Chaz
Reaction score
I have a Loomis aswell mate :wavey: Both are fantastic guitars, each having their own unique pro's. The necks however are not that different, the Ibanez is thinner but not by much.

Still feels great to play and I didnt have any trouble transitioning so I think you should give into that gas! ;)

@Fun111 I hear ya, I phoned literally every online guitar shop I could, and the only one available was at GuitarGuitar, everyone else said April, I was very lucky. Maybe you'll find one though, keep trying!

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
It's for my shop lol, I'm probably not gunna buy another 7 myself.

GuitarGuitar get first dibs on everything, kind of unfair really :-(

Oh well. Glad you got what you wanted :)

cregmachine

Reaction score
i noticed in the background you have a bugera 333xl i got the same thing what do you make of it? im unsure, and im thinkin of tryin a 6505

CloudAC

Chaz
Reaction score
Im unsure too, I think I need mine biased correctly, but since Bugera fucked up in that department via measuring, im reluctant to do it myself. Its too late to return it, so I will probably ask an amplifying technician to have a look.
It feels like there is not NEARLY enough gain than there should be... Gain wise, Lead feels like Crunch, and Crunch feels like Clean with too much gain :lol:

So what I do is I run my POD X3 Live into the Clean channel :agreed: I get a fucking killer tone through that so I have learned to just live with the amp. Desperately need a new cab though, thats next on the list!

Revan132

Reaction score
i noticed in the background you have a bugera 333xl i got the same thing what do you make of it? im unsure, and im thinkin of tryin a 6505

Happy NGD! :agreed:

What's funny is I have this exact same guitar with BKP's, a Peavey 6505+, and a Bugera 333xl, the Peavey is VASTLY superior to the Bugera... don't hesitate here! Spend the extra money, the Bugera is great for starters, but it won't hit anywhere near the same tones as the 6505+ can.

Reaction score
Very nice! Im kinda GASing for one of those pretty hard. But it will have to wait! haha. Congratz man!

GATA4

Banned
Reaction score
I like the location of the pickup selector switch. Nice fiddle mayn :hbang:

CloudAC

Chaz
Reaction score
I was a little unsure going back to Rosewood after playing Ebony and Maple for a few years, but I have never in my life ever seen such a beautiful rosewood fingerboard :bowdown:

The grain is gorgeous and the board itself has this lovely sparkle to it, ill try take a photo of it at somepoint.

I dunno if all Prestiges are like this but it sure does look pretty!

')