NGD: Ibanez RGD2127Z / University Grad!!!

• Thread starter Labrie
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Decipher

Ibanez Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrads on the Grad and the uber-sexy RGD2127Z! You're defenitly a very fortunate Canadian to have been able to get one! None of my local dealers have had any luck getting one yet.......

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bevo

Reaction score
Good on you for completing with honors!!

Enjoy your new guitar and prepare for the next part of your life, its all good now!

etb1234

Reaction score
Wow. Congrats. Just joined this site today cause I got an ibanez RG 1527 as my grad gift from western. Congrats on the degree and the guitar.

Rommel

Reaction score
Congrats on the new axe, and more importantly, graduating.

Labrie

King of the Swing
Reaction score
Wow guys, thanks a lot for the kind words.

Unfortunately I've come to a point where I need some help. I've never used this ZR style bridge and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to adjust the damn thing. It's factory tuned down a step but I usually play in Bb standard, not A. The problem is every time I tune it up to Bb, all the strings go back down to A. I've tried adjusting the main spring but it doesn't seem to do much. I did find a manual on the Ibanez site for it but it was no help to me. I have to give this thing credit though, it does stay in tune incredibly well...just not the tuning I want.

Please call me an idiot and tell me what I'm doing wrong (besides just blocking the trem) because it honestly shouldn't be this frustrating. :scratch:

Xanithon

Headbobbing Galore
Reaction score
BEST GRADUATION PRESENT!
That guitar looks sweet as all fucking hell man!
I look forward to getting a guitar on my Graduation for the Same(ish) thing!

LamaSabachthani

Reaction score
Damnit, you beat me to the punch line!!! :lol::lol::lol:. Wassup with asians thinking the same??? LOL.

I dunno what it is with Ibanez necks. I had to sell my RG2228 b/c I was getting these "shooting" pains in my left wrist any time I played that guitar. I guess it just put my hand in an awkward playing position. I blamed the neck shape for that. Now, I'm starting to get that same feeling when I play my RG1077XL.

I just don't know if it's the scale length or the thinness of the neck that's causing these sharp pings of pain in my wrist. It just sucks b/c my RG1077XL sounds so badass! :(

How high are you wearing your guitar when you play? I've found that with the thicker necks on 7's and 8's it's almost a necessity for me to play with my strap higher than I would need to with a 6 (my hands are not at all large, and I can't bloody well grip the whole nck properly when I wear my 7 low haha...it is sad, but necessary). That might have something to do with it...

MaKo´s Tethan

Reaction score
I love your guitars man, and I love your parents too, what a fuckin great susrpsise!! and congrats for the grad. man :yesway:

Shashing

Reaction score
Yet another congrats:wavey: pretty cool seeing another person from london on here too.

')