Ngd! Ibanez rgr652

• Thread starter jfett
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jfett

Reaction score
Snagged this about a week ago off gc used site. Thought about buying a new one but this popped up and saved me a few hundred. The only blemish i found is a pin sized hole below the fine tuners on the trem. Most likely the previous owner got his allen wrench into the finish.

You all know about these, amazing neck, frets are pretty much perfect. I like the fusion edge pickups but I'm not sure i love them. Been contemplating the black winter bridge especially after reading the love for it in the thread here. Overall im digging this guitar and its my favorite in my stable atm.
the ding!

jfett

Reaction score
The pic didnt work in the thread you linked. Did you mean yours has a ding in the same spot?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheShreddinHand

Uber Stringer
Reaction score
I've got one of these too. Awesome guitar and my first Ibanez with a reverse headstock which I really really appreciate for tuning up. So much easier with tuners on the bottom when in playing position.

BTW, if you go black winters, you're going to have to modify the tabs that mount on the body to fit the triangular shape of the 652. I didn't want to do that so I stuck with Dimarzios.

AdenM

Illuminaughty
Reaction score
That's a mean looking guitar right there. Congrats.

noise in my mind

Reaction score
Sweet guitar! I love my 652. Too bad about the ding. People should really have to take a mandatory course before being allowed near floyds.

nyxzz

Reaction score
Had one of these I had to sell, but I didn't want to part with it. They're killer guitars for sure, congrats!

jfett

Reaction score
I've got one of these too. Awesome guitar and my first Ibanez with a reverse headstock which I really really appreciate for tuning up. So much easier with tuners on the bottom when in playing position.

BTW, if you go black winters, you're going to have to modify the tabs that mount on the body to fit the triangular shape of the 652. I didn't want to do that so I stuck with Dimarzios.

Yea its easily done with a wheel grinder, just gotta be careful not to grind too much off, i have a sd jb in one of my other guitars. Also my first reverse headstock which i really only wanted for looks, i havent tuned it in several days after restringing.

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
HNGD! Love this series of RGRs