NGD!!! Ibanez S5470FRVK

BigPhi84

Pronounced "FEE"
Reaction score
I got this in the mail a couple of days ago, and I finally was able to pull myself away from it long enough to take some (crappy) photos of it. (On a side note, I need to get a tutorial on how to photograph shiny red objects. LOL, stupid light sources, or lack thereof.) I'll try to take some better pics later on in the week. As far as the guitar, I love it! It's so frickin' beautiful. When I first opened up the case, I was speechless for a few minutes just from the Awesomeness emanating from this beast, this Excalibur.

The Flame Maple top has a very 3D look to it. I find myself just staring at it for longer than I'd like to admit. The stock pickups are even tolerable! As far as the neck, it is a little thicker than the old RG770 I have, but the added heft makes the Wizard profile fit my hands better.

Phi1.jpg

Phi2.jpg

Phi3.jpg

Phi4.jpg

Phi5.jpg

Phi6.jpg

Phi7.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BigPhi84

Pronounced "FEE"
Reaction score
Thanks! I'll try to get a pic of the whole family soon.

BigPhi84

Pronounced "FEE"
Reaction score
Thanks. Yeah, I've been waiting for it for months, and I got a little freaked out when I saw pics of the another S5470F on drumcityguitarland.com and that guitar looked orangish. Thankfully, it was just the lighting as my guitar is a nice shade of Crimson.

BigPhi84

Pronounced "FEE"
Reaction score
congrats man, that looks unreal :yesway:
just out of curiousity, how think is the maple cap on that?

I don't know how to really tell, but it can't be more than a 1/2" inch thick. LOL. It has fake wood binding.

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
Looks amazing dude:yesway:
How's the sustain on the upper frets?
Some guys on the Ibanez forum had that sustain problem, are you getting that or did you manage to pick up one of the bug free guitars?

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
I've got the same guitar, minus the flame top. Great guitars. And yours is beautiful. Congrats.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Awesome. I've had that on my 'wish list' for months but it's never in stock :(

Desi

You can't handle me!
Reaction score
Looks amazing dude
Some guys on the Ibanez forum had that sustain problem, are you getting that or did you manage to pick up one of the bug free guitars?

Yea, exactly what I was about to ask. :idea:

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
Looks amazing dude:yesway:

Some guys on the Ibanez forum are dribbling retards.

What are you on about?