NGD: Ibanez S5570Q Regal Brown Burst

• Thread starter Ironside
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ironside

Reaction score
Weeeell, look what came in ye olde mail today; why, it's a brand new axe for the collection!

It's funny because I've said that I would only be playing 7-strings from now on and I'd never buy a Floyd Rose bridge guitar again (prefer the simplicity of a hardtail)

Looks like I lied? I couldn't resist adding a 6 string to the arsenal just in case I'm not in the mood for the 7's, and this one was THE guitar to get. It's kind of cool because back in the day after I traded in my S5470 I always regretted it, but this guitar is its successor - the Prestige S5570Q!

Nice thing is, they ripped out the crappy Edge Zero bridge and, new for 2014, slapped on a lo-pro!

Couldn't be happier with it!

Now for some pictures; let me just preface this by saying that the finish HAS to be seen in person as I can't seem to get a camera to capture what it ACTUALLY looks like (pics all come out reddish or too bright of yellow)

I've included some NAMM shots as they give you more of an idea of the true colour.

ENJOY

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    309.5 KB · Views: 69
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    285.7 KB · Views: 86
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    376.4 KB · Views: 51
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    316.4 KB · Views: 41
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    395.5 KB · Views: 57

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ironside

Reaction score
PART 2 (notice the last shot, though lower quality, shows the darker edges better... they look black in person, not red).

Attachments

• 09.jpg
    09.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 20
  • 08.jpg
    08.jpg
    369.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    256.9 KB · Views: 34
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    340.2 KB · Views: 29
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 51

Forkface

Feast on this.
Reaction score
WOOW NOICEEEEE!
HNGD.

and btw, does this guitar come with a crunch lab from the factory? thats so UN-ibanezlike :lol:

EDIT: NVM, i checked ibanez webpage, HGD's....some sort of new pickups from ibanez? how do they sound?

blckrnblckt

Reaction score
That looks great! I think it was nice that Ibanez chose to go back to lo pro. Also, the actual color looks so much better than what is sounds. HNGD!

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
I will never understand why Ibanez chooses to take such a cool looking guitar like the S series and then put that big, terrible, ugly, black, plastic switch cover on it. And I will never understand why some people don't even care about how bad it looks.

I mean, even some super high end with an awesome top and black hardware, they still insist on making the switch cover PLASTIC and it's not even glossy like the rest of the black hardware. It's like they want you to notice how out of place it is. Why???

Les

Curl of the Burl
Reaction score
Absolutely killer! HNGD! (check your camera settings, it might have a vivid setting on or something)

')