NGD Ibanez S7321

• Thread starter Bongstrocity
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Edit: 7320 don't know HOW i messed that up so quickly... i know better

So I, like several others recently, jumped into the 7 string world with the recent closeout they held on the white s7321 (snagged it for like 431 after tax with free shipping :hbang:)

I have played a prestige 6 string saber for a while now, and have high standards as far as worksmanship detail, frets, action etc go and was a little concerned about it being a standard Indonesian build. This guitar met and surpassed all expectations, and although i still may swap out the pickups (thinking Blaze in the bridge, unless somebody here has a better 1st hand experience suggestion with an s7xxx and would like to clue me in) i am honestly stoked about how good the stock pickups sound. There is a youtube link of me demoing it out later in this post and the tone comes through for me even just with a kodak easyshare doing the recording from it's place on top of the stack.

i'm just wondering what would have happened had i been a less honest person about things and called the next day to ask where my delivery was. Who the hell leaves a guitar just sitting on the porch for anybody to walk away with, UPS?

I'm also considering having an airbrush friend of mine do a custom paint job, as the white would take any design he could come up with, but it just looks so fresh in plain white.... so clean... :wavey:

Hope if get the pictures posted right the first time, bear with me (long time lurker but new at posting here, if i am in the wrong forum or posted something incorrectly just redirect me it would have been unintentional...)

Also the last couple of pictures show the tags etc, i know it's indonesian but any other information would at least be amusing to know for the hell of it.

Youtube link is

100_0811.jpg

100_0812.jpg

100_0813.jpg

My Dad, Chicken Wings, and Ibanez....

100_0814.jpg

100_0817.jpg

100_0818.jpg

100_0819.jpg

100_0820.jpg

100_0821.jpg

100_0822.jpg

100_0823.jpg

100_0824.jpg

100_0825.jpg

100_0826.jpg

100_0827.jpg

100_0828.jpg

100_0829.jpg

100_0830.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
excellent!

but how does that name fit the naming scheme? i thought all "7XX1"s for fixed bridge. :scratch:

Mwoit

Reaction score
Win! :yesway:

Although this is an Ibanez S7320 isn't it? It says at the back of the headstock; I almost thought Ibanez released hardtail S7 guitars! :lol:

Reaction score
Yeah as soon as i got everything posted i noticed Customisbetter's post and realized what i did... sorry to disappoint :D

JaeSwift

Of Blood and Sawdust
Reaction score
Nice score! As far as pups concerned, don't get a Blaze for the bridge unless you like mud. I had one in my mahogany K7 and it sucked.

I personally always loved the Evo for S series guitars, lots of agression in it :) Otherwise the Crunch lab would be a nice match.

Reaction score
hooray beer!
I can't tell you how many times my dad said that yesterday. Any time the wife and I visit him there's always something... at least this time that something involved a decent lager

Nice score! As far as pups concerned, don't get a Blaze for the bridge unless you like mud. I had one in my mahogany K7 and it sucked.

I personally always loved the Evo for S series guitars, lots of agression in it :) Otherwise the Crunch lab would be a nice match.

I'll get to looking up demos of those models, thanks for the input! Always good to have more options, until they end up causing GAS (notice the lack of reverse headstock on this S... something about that tells me I'm going to end up looking/modding again soon :lol:)

Ryan

Reaction score
Sweet man.. You thinking about sticking some new pick ups in there?

And you dog's all like,"Look Pops, I'm gonna need a wing or too down here..." :lol:

I_infect

Reaction score
Wicked score.. I love those guitars. I hated to see them go- I'm hoping the 24fret replacements play just as nice.

I personally always loved the Evo for S series guitars, lots of aggression in it :)
+1

sevenstringgod

Reaction score
Good purchase man, and white looks fucking sexy. :yesway:

I have on mine a d-sonic and an air norton and it sounds pretty good.

Psionicist

Reaction score
Its juvenile, but I got a kick out of your Electric Function being approved by someone names ANAS

Deadfall

Reaction score
Cools man...congrats.Every guitar player in south carolina deserves an Ibanez 7 hehe.Well not to leave all the other guys out of course ;)And when we allready have an Ibanez 7 then we deserve a new one every now and then :shred:

Reaction score
Its juvenile, but I got a kick out of your Electric Function being approved by someone names ANAS

DUDE! +1 internets to you for pointing that out it's hilarious!

Attention to detail FTW:shred:

Cools man...congrats.Every guitar player in south carolina deserves an Ibanez 7 hehe.Well not to leave all the other guys out of course ;)And when we allready have an Ibanez 7 then we deserve a new one every now and then :shred:
Where in South Cack are you hailing from? I'm in downtown Columbia and can't seem to find ANY other guitarists.

@leandroab I'm interested in the Baritone 6 Conversion so far, loving the pics... it thought the term was string through body, not screw through body? :D

Wicked score.. I love those guitars. I hated to see them go- I'm hoping the 24fret replacements play just as nice.
I"m betting they'll be even better, it was just too good a price point to pass up on something i'd seen selling for twice as much and wanted at THAT price. A full extra step of range on the high end though... hm... if only they make the new 24s with a reverse headstock...

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
awesome maing! the black version of this is what made me want a seven. i couldnt afford the new price tag so i aquired a few used ibanez 7s. love that fiddle dude!

Reaction score
Congratulations :yesway:

I got the 24-fret version (S-7420) some weeks ago. Really happy with it so far. It plays great and I like the looks of the cosmo black hardware. I've never played an S-prestige, but looking at the quality of the non-prestige version I wonder what improvement the Prestige versions have (for the 6-strings - I'm aware there is no current 7 prestige S)

I replaced the bridge pickup with a D-Sonic di marzio. Will probably post a video with me playing it soon.

')