NGD! Ibanez S7420FM with some mods! My first seven. What is 56k?

• Thread starter ttiwguitar
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ttiwguitar

Reaction score
I've never actively sought out a 7 string, but my buddy asked me if I'd be interested in buying this guitar a couple of days ago (for a killer deal - $500) and I had to jump on it. I've always loved these things. It has a few dings, but I pretty much expect that from any guitar that's been around since 1999. I believe this previously belonged to a member of this forum, in fact. Whoever had it last threw a Full Shred in the bridge and a D-Activator in the neck; routed a battery compartment in case active pickups ever go in it; upgraded the springs, tremolo block, and installed an OFR bar; and (very tastefully) put a white knob on the pickup selector. :) I love the neck pickup, but I may be replacing the Duncan. Anyway, a few pictures...

DS5345m.jpg

YVaoLRD.jpg

qaGZAkS.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jeleopard

Reaction score
56k is an old way of connecting to the internet. Back in the day when people still used it (I refuse to believe people STILL use it), people put warnings for 56k users, as 56k is REALLY slow and would take forever to load pictures.

I think now it's more of an inside joke/tease.

Regardless, HNGD, S-Series are great!

ttiwguitar

Reaction score
56k is an old way of connecting to the internet. Back in the day when people still used it (I refuse to believe people STILL use it), people put warnings for 56k users, as 56k is REALLY slow and would take forever to load pictures.

I think now it's more of an inside joke/tease.

Regardless, HNGD, S-Series are great!

I think you missed my sarcasm. I'm 25 years old, I remember 56k well :)

Orsinium

Reaction score
Hey a fellow Virginian welcome to the 7 club and also the s7420 club :hbang: however yours is much better than my glossy black.

ttiwguitar

Reaction score
Yep. Best sound Ibanez 7 I ever played, too. I've owned a ton of 7620's and 7621s, but the S7420FM was the absolute best.

Yep. It sounds absolutely killer. I think the brass block that was installed helps a lot, too. I just set it up with some heavier gauge strings and I'm in love with this thing!

ttiwguitar

Reaction score
Just posted a (really short) clip to Soundcloud using this guitar...

https://soundcloud.com/slandroid/the-mouth-licking-what-youve

"Since I just got my first 7 string guitar, I decided to do the most cliché thing possible and record a Meshuggah cover. Scott (singer from my band) and I will be working on this one for a week or two, but here's a little teaser...

This is also a chance for me to play with Toontrack's Koloss samples for Superior Drummer and Frederik Thordendal's Koloss presets for ezMix. It's also an excuse for me to be lazy and not fiddle with settings, and focus on learning the song instead...

More to come soon!"

jeffguy

Reaction score
Beautiful guitar at a steal!

I'm 27. I used to frequently destroy people playing online Rainbow 6 Standard using 56k.. My game was changed forever when cable/dsl/t1 was introduced.

')