NGD - Ibanez s7420FMTT <3

• Thread starter btfsam
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

btfsam

Banned
Reaction score
Lately I've been looking to trade my rg7620 for something else, that perfect guitar. I just wanted some excitement in my life :)

Well while browsing through my local craigslist I just happen to find a guy with a drop dead gorgeous s series, the s7420FMTT with the teal flame top. I had an s series a while ago one of the newer models with the zr trem and I really really liked that guitar. Anyway, just so happens that the post says "would consider trading for a rg7620" and wallah here I am with a new axe.

It's got some pretty cool mods done as well, It has gold gotoh tuners from warmoth, passive dimarzio d-sonic 7 in the bridge, active emg 707 in the neck, both with their own seperate tone/volume knobs.

It sounds killer, once I get it set up for D flat I'll post up some clips :)

now for the pr0n, cell pics only guys sowwy :/

cc245b34ac0f__1300889804000.jpeg

d500e886bcf6__1300892567000.jpg

401ebe95b468__1300892604000.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

btfsam

Banned
Reaction score
id say the pretty picture is a pretty good representation of the color, it's sort of a teal/blue/green. I'm loving this guitar! :shred:

btfsam

Banned
Reaction score
haha i dont remember mentioning that it had a gold floyd, but yes he wanted to hold onto it which is fine with me it looked a little flashy for my tastes. Will probably get some black tuners sometime down the road.

btfsam

Banned
Reaction score
yeah they're really sought after, after a couple months of playing this guy I might be in the mood for a carvin 7 stringer so keep your eyes open! :)

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
I'd either put a Dimarzio in the neck, or a 707 in the bridge. But that's just me. Not a fan of the unbalanced look. Other than that, amazing machine. :yesway:

btfsam

Banned
Reaction score
I'd either put a Dimarzio in the neck, or a 707 in the bridge. But that's just me. Not a fan of the unbalanced look. Other than that, amazing machine. :yesway:

Im right with you on that, will probably pop a crunchlab in the neck when I get the chance.

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
haha i dont remember mentioning that it had a gold floyd, but yes he wanted to hold onto it which is fine with me it looked a little flashy for my tastes..

you didnt. keep in mind there are not many ibanez 7 ads on craigslist that i dont catch ;) i thought the gold trem looked tacky and i like the feel of the trs over a OFR anyways :)

btfsam

Banned
Reaction score
you didnt. keep in mind there are not many ibanez 7 ads on craigslist that i dont catch ;) i thought the gold trem looked tacky and i like the feel of the trs over a OFR anyways :)

haha a watchful eye you have there! and I agree completely :agreed:

That looks great. Been wanting one of those for a while!

thanks! I would say if you ever get into the position to snag one definitely go for it. I believe there maybe one or two in the classifieds right now, one with those sexy wave inlays :wub:

rfseet

Reaction score
how do the volume and tone controls work anyway? isn't there a mismatch in impedance for the emg and dimarzio?:rolleyes:

Latest posts

')