NGD: Ibby Content

• Thread starter wayward
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wayward

Banned
Reaction score
So I picked this up off of a friend of mine who "just couldn't get used to the 7th string." So I traded a 2006 Schecter Damien FR for this.

It's my first Ibanez seven string, and a 2000 RG7420MC, and I have got to say, for an 11 year old guitar, it's immaculate. There is ABSOLUTELY not a scratch, ding, or bump on this thing. I spent a whole hour looking the guitar over and could find nothing; And, I'm positively in love with this thing.

The fit and finish are amazing and definitely catch the eye. The tuning holds up on the trem through anything I put it through last night, and the fretwork is fantastic. And above everything else, I've totally fallen for the neck; I've never played on a seven neck THAT comfortable. It has a bit of weight to it, but I'm not hunting for a 2 pound axe. Everything is stock except the first nut block, which my friend lost and replaced; And nothing at all has been changed.

And pics for the people:
(excuse my shaky hands :D )

(one flash picture so you can see the sparkle!)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Diggy

Banned
Reaction score
Very nice.. Schecter Damien FR trade for 7420=upgrade IMO. The 7420 should treat you well with a good setup, maybe swap the pickups out unless they are giving you what you want. Ibanez necks freakin kill!:hbang:

wayward

Banned
Reaction score
Very nice.. Schecter Damien FR trade for 7420=upgrade IMO. The 7420 should treat you well with a good setup, maybe swap the pickups out unless they are giving you what you want. Ibanez necks freakin kill!:hbang:

Yeah, definately thinking about going for a Crunch Lab/Liquifire set, or maybe some BK Aftermath set or Painkiller set.

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
good trade!that thing is clean!
with good pickups you'll be all set

Darkstar124

Strongman
Reaction score
Score! Thats a real killer axe, man. I haven't seen that finish anywhere but sales pics, ts nice! I Have a D-Activator and mine and its made gooood friends with the basswood, lemme tell ya. Happy NGD!

wayward

Banned
Reaction score
yeah i just looked in the cavities and whatnot, and it's amazingly clean. Absolutely stock, clean, and no rust

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
I'm a huge sucker for Magenta Crush. I wish they would bring it back.

CrazyDean

Reaction score
Very nice! I don't understand where you guys keep finding these immaculate 7620/7420s?

')