NGD: I'm BACK...Back in the Ibby Grove

heineken_fretwalker

Team Ibanez
Reaction score

So recently I've become a part of a band called Sparrows.
https://www.facebook.com/thisissparrows?ref=br_tf
https://soundcloud.com/sparrowsmetal

Had to get myself a 7 for it, so I knew there was only one way to go, Ibanez. Any Japanese Ibanez I've ever owned has been exquisite, and I've always been a fan of the more flamboyant, the better, so without any further ado.

So, this showed up on a rainy day. Haven't had one of these in awhile!

The damn thing was packed to withstand nuclear war, which I'm very appreciative of, but it required the right tools for extraction.

A figure emerges..

Here she is.

After four latches (quite a bit for such a small case :lol:)

:cool::cool:

dat lo pro

x2n7 in the bridge (wanting to swap for an Evo), Liquifire in the neck. That LF absolutely ....ing sings. I'm already in love.

Family shot!

With my American Psycho pillow :evil:

One more to grow on

So, initial impressions are this guitar is straight fire. I've really missed the Ibby 7 necks. The Liquifire has surpassed the Air Norton as my favorite neck pickup of all time, and I can't wait to hear it through the Axe. While I do like the heat the x2n7 brings, I want to put my favorite bridge pickup in there. Anybody with an Evo, especially a green one, hit me up. I couldn't be happier about it, I just need to get the bridge pup and set her up for drop A. Huge thanks to geeman8 for helping me so immensely with this trade!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shask

Reaction score
:hbang:

That is pretty damn cool!

I have never owned a swirl, but I always had a thing for them!

User Name

Banned
Reaction score
i had that exact same pickup combination on my rg7321, sounds great. freaking love the liquifire, and i think the x2n is alot easier to control than the crunch lab.

Jlang

I am Megatron
Reaction score
GOD DAMN THATS SICK. I loveeeeeee that swirl dude im very jealous.

also the american psycho sheets. +1.

heineken_fretwalker

Team Ibanez
Reaction score
Thanks, everybody! I'm extremely happy with it. It's got a special vibe, not quite on par with "Universe mojo", but awfully close. That neck is perfect, and with an Evo coming, I'm getting very excited about the tonal possibilities of this axe. I've got some special things planned for it that I'll hopefully be able to post pics of Saturday ;)

I'm also excited about getting to debut it at our show next Friday. I haven't seen many swirls played by too many black metal guitarists :lol:

heineken_fretwalker

Team Ibanez
Reaction score
NOW WITH EVO!

1004901_10200753103368376_1818726765_n.jpg

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha the title immediately made me think of Ace :lol: :yesway:

Congrats! Unique looking guitar, and I like how the green pickup bobbins make it look like a H-S :)