NGD- I'm done. No mas.....I...am..........satiated

• Thread starter mmr007
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mmr007

(anti)Social Influencer
Reaction score
200.gif

Just got My Epiphone Les Paul Custom Midnight 2005 MIK. This is my second one I own (the first is in storage still 2000 miles away) and I snatched it up because they are rarish (word around the campfire is only 200 total were made between 2005-2006 as a GOTM that Gibson and Epiphone did). Anyhoo...It is available in any color you want so long as it's black, 12" radius, dual EMG 81 standard and no pickguard. Reminds me a lot of Hammett's black beauty (don't know if that's intentional on Epiphone's part because back in the day KH used dual 81's) but my love of this Epi guitar is intentionally related to his Gibson LP
09sep1311_pic09.jpg

So here she is...and this has been a month of me buying more epiphones than I should or have a right to so I am done.

lpemg3.jpg

lpemg6.jpg

lpemg2.jpg

lpemg5.jpg

Took me long enough to become a dad rock guitarist but my journey is now complete....Time to go play some Metallica...followed by some Foghat (if you don't know what that is look it up)

The family LP
lpemg4.jpg

I will say playing an LP REALLY changes my writing style like no other guitar does and it's not just tuning because all my guitars are in E or Eb (D standard is the lowest I have on some guitars, and that's just to play bands that tune to that as I don't write for that tuning)

So as I said...I am done.........unless
200.gif

.....looking for a good deal on a Korean Zakk Wylde Bullseye Epi LP

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Man, you've just been knocking it out with the LP taste. Good shit dude and congrats!

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
That LPC on the right looks fire! How's it play? might need to pick one of those up this year...that was my guitar I learned on.

mmr007

(anti)Social Influencer
Reaction score
Man, you've just been knocking it out with the LP taste. Good shit dude and congrats!
Well thank you kindly. That is very nice to hear. I have been lucky in that I have been ordering online based on looks but then they have all been excellent players and definite keepers.

It's weird because I was all set to buy a Slash vermillion burst I think it is called at GC the other day...until I played it and it wasn't very nice (part was just lack of ANY proper set up) but money would be best spent elsewhere so I know epiphone can be hit or miss but right now almost every epiphone I have (as listed below) is a hit-

5 les pauls
1 richie faulkner V
1 V with tune o matic
1 '84 explorer white
1 MIK explorer
1 Iommi SG
1 SG custom

Almost every single one is incredible. The SG custom is good and grew on me, the non-Faulkner V is ok but fun to play and the '84 is meh....not impressed and I could get rid of it no problem but the others are not what I expect when I think epiphone. They all feel high quality and play amazingly.

mmr007

(anti)Social Influencer
Reaction score
That LPC on the right looks fire! How's it play? might need to pick one of those up this year...that was my guitar I learned on.
It feels great. I will say that out of all of them it is the neck I would have enjoyed most..... previously as an Ibanez player.... feeling thinner, flatter, wider (no one will confuse it with a wizard but it would be less of an adjustment)...you can almost see in the pic that it looks different. But the bourbon burst and lemonburst I literally cannot put down. The necks are narrower and more round just feel more natural in my hand.

The Epi I got today is brutal good sounding, much warmer than EMG sounds I am used to which seem kinda fizzy and sterile. I generally don't like EMGs but they come stock on a lot of artist guitars I like (cough...Hanneman...cough) so I have them on many a guitar but these on the LP sound excellent. My Hannemans are hiding in the closet with their tail between their legs wondering if it is safe to come out.

Protestheriphery

Reaction score
Definitely a tribute to the murdered out color scheme Hammett used. Also reminds me a lot of the Matt Heafy sig. Epi's usually tend to have nice slim neck shapes. I've never picked one up and thought "Oof, this thing's got some major baseball bat action going on!"

Estilo

Reaction score
Yeah I had one of these as one my last guitars I owned during my Melbourne days. Reminded me more of Matt Heafy than Kirk Hammett. I didn't know they were rare-ish at the time. Was a damn fine instrument even if I didn't fancy EMG 81s.

Also, why the obsession with MIK Epis? Chinese ZW Bullseyes can still be found everywhere and I wager the quality isn't far off, as your collection probably shows.

Darkscience

Reaction score
Congrats man very nice. I like your new one the best. Are you going to get a Zakk Wylde graveyard edition? Those look really well made, but are ugly, MIK.

')