NGD: Impulse buy Ibby Saber Content (not so 56k friendly)

broj15

Reaction score
So last friday i was bumming around louisville after a lack luster trip to guitar center i decided i wanted to venture into the highlands. I hadn't been on Bardstown Road in a while and figured i might as well kill a few hours. One of my first stops once i get here is always guitar emporium. I make my way to the back of the store where the keep the basses and as i was passing the used section I can't help but notice this little piece of eye candy:

IMG_2032.jpg

Yep. Thats an '06 sf 420 fm. I had absolutely no intentions of buying a new guitar when i went to Louisville but it's pretty obvious that i did just that. Here are the rest of the picks for your enjoyment:

IMG_2023.jpg

IMG_2027.jpg

IMG_2028.jpg

IMG_2030.jpg

IMG_2031.jpg

^^^^ Possibly one of the most comfortable heels I've ever played as far as bolt ons go.

once i get some proper strings for drop B and i set it up i have a feeling it will become my new main six stringer. The neck feels a bit more rounded that most wizard necks but it's still hella fast and super thin. The pick ups aren't stock but i don't think they are anything fancy either (they sound good, they just aren't for me) so i'm plotting to put a set of covered bkp aftermaths in there. I got this and a squier hardcase for $200. From what few reviews i have read i feel like i got a pretty good deal :hbang:.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mpsk

Reaction score
Ibnaez S with hardtail=pure GAS

Congrats

broj15

Reaction score
i had actually been on the hunt for a ibby saber with a hardtail. hipshot style would be preffered but this is still nice. It is super smooth and comfortable. Actually it's one of the most comfortable TOM style bridges i've ever played.

r3tr0sp3ct1v3

Reaction score
So jelly. I have been having major ibanez GAS lately xD i'm legit filling my wall xD I love Sabers. :D

I love that color man. I might have to have a scavenger hunt for one. :cool:

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
Hardtail?! :holy: No idea they made these :ugh::wallbash:

Nice score!:yesway:

jordanky

Contributor
Reaction score
Very nice! I've been wanting to hit up Guitar Emporium for a hot minute, I've just never had the chance when I was in town. BTW, those are probably aftermarket pickups, probably Dimarzios. Pull those things out and post up some pictures of the bottoms!

Surveyor 777

I measure things
Reaction score
Beautiful finish and great price!

That bridge looks like it's super comfy for palm muting.

broj15

Reaction score
thanks for all the positive feedback guys :metal:

Your neck pickup is backwards.

I noticed this :lol: i will probably switch it around once i change the strings and i'll be sure to snap a few picks so i can see what they are. When i plugged it in and i noticed that they didn't suck i knew that they weren't stock ibby pickups lol.

And just a heads up. Expect a N(old)GD thread to be popping up soon. My dad decided to buy a 1972 gibson hollow body at a local auction lawls :fawk: