NGD Intrepid Nattie Pro

• Thread starter Cameron
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Cameron

Reaction score
Only 1 little scratch on the whole thing. I'll have to send back the "intrepid" case, it's too small, but I don't need to bring this guitar anywhere anytime soon.

P3040674.jpg

P3040675.jpg

Sorry for the upsidedownage
P3040676.jpg

P3040677.jpg

ONLY blemish I found, too bad its on the front...
P3040680.jpg

So close...
P3040687-1.jpg

P3040682.jpg

The board REALLY needed a wipedown, and the action had to be adjusted. Other than that it's perfect. The wood on the headstock has almost a grey-ish tint that makes it look like some ancient petrified wood or something its pretty sick. I took the ugly truss rod cover off, but 3 gaping holes and the horrid route cavitys looked even worse, so I put it back on.

Thanks fer looking

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
That's a shame that the Intrepid doesn't fit into the Intrepid case. :\

It looks great, though!

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
Congrats, and nice photo skills.

I'm gonna be royally pissed if my case doesn't fit. Did they ship the guitar inside the case? If so, how the hell did they do that?

Bobby

Reaction score
Thats a sick guitar. What do you think of that EMG?

djohns74

Reaction score
EDIT: Totally posted in the wrong thread, sorry about that.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ehhh, if it doesn't fit in the case, how did they ship it to you? Are you going to return the guitar? This happened with my RG8. It had a nasty black scuff on the top side of the headstock. Totally unacceptable. So I exchanged it with SameDayMusic. The replacement was perfect. I feel ur pain. :(

Totally off topic, but I think you should try air drying ur shirts from now on. :yesway:

Cameron

Reaction score
Ehhh, if it doesn't fit in the case, how did they ship it to you? Are you going to return the guitar? This happened with my RG8. It had a nasty black scuff on the top side of the headstock. Totally unacceptable. So I exchanged it with SameDayMusic. The replacement was perfect. I feel ur pain. :(

Totally off topic, but I think you should try air drying ur shirts from now on. :yesway:

I ordered the "intrepid douglas case" a week before my intrpid was coming, I realize now I should've ordered it WITH the case, they would have seen that it doesn't fit and probably swapped it out with a bigger case. But then i got the guitar days later and theres like an inch and a half of headstock overlapping. I even measured to see if I could cut out the padding on the other end to make room, but it was still and inch shy. I emailed kurt, other people have said they got a CNB case when they ordered their guitars to come in a case. That's probably what I need instead, or maybe just a bass case.

EDIT: lol that shirt is a youth large from like 2 years ago I think (I was a wittle guy) but I love Ion Dissonance so I still wear it.

phaeded0ut

droooooneeeeeeeee!
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing these pictures; loved the natural finish on that beastie. This might be a bit counter, but have you thought of having the truss cover plate replaced by a wooden one? I ended up doing this and in one case modifying the plate from it's original shape (was a small rectangle) to something that would fit.

Agile surprised me with a 12-string I picked up from them for nothing off of Ebay.

dsm3sx

Rise and Fall
Reaction score
His fits. I also got a response from Kurt about the matter.

:yesway:
That is same case I have and it is a very loose fitting case. The Guitar slides around inside the case a good two inches back and forth.

The guitar definitely fits in the case with a bunch of room to spare.

I might have too add foam material to the case around the body to prevent sliding...

Is this typical?

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
It's fairly typical when you get a case that's not designed for any specific guitar, like the one my Strat VII is in, but when a case is designed for use with a specific guitar, I really don't think it should do that.

Zacplays

is Ginormous.
Reaction score
I ordered the "intrepid douglas case" a week before my intrpid was coming, I realize now I should've ordered it WITH the case, they would have seen that it doesn't fit and probably swapped it out with a bigger case. But then i got the guitar days later and theres like an inch and a half of headstock overlapping. I even measured to see if I could cut out the padding on the other end to make room, but it was still and inch shy. I emailed kurt, other people have said they got a CNB case when they ordered their guitars to come in a case. That's probably what I need instead, or maybe just a bass case.

EDIT: lol that shirt is a youth large from like 2 years ago I think (I was a wittle guy) but I love Ion Dissonance so I still wear it.

You will always be little to me. :metal:

Reaction score
I couldn't imagine putting my RG8 into a non-fitting case and having it bump around like that. Ugh!

Are you going to be replacing or exchanging any of this? What about that scratch? I keep reading about how their Agiles were shipped all messy. SameDay had a great return policy, which is why I ordered my 8 through them. What does this "kurt" fellow have?

DrunkenMonkey

DrunkenMonkey
Reaction score
Congrats on the Intrepid Pro. Mine arrived with little to no issues. some glue or polish residue on the upper frets, but overall nice. I'm very impressed with this being my first Agile purchase. I'm an 8-string Noob. So I bought it more for 'curiosity' (to learn more about extended range & tunings) since it was cheaper than an Ibby, a Schecter or ESP. Glad I did.

I passed on a case. I live in the city so running around town with a Hard Case is rather, well, hard. I had a Mono gig bag that just fit it.

Many thanks to Darren (who started all this) and to Kurt for making it all happen. Have fun to all Intrepid owners.

-Pete

Cameron

Reaction score
Thanks everyone, I've emailed kurt and he said its because the new ones are longer, and I'm swapping it for a tweed case so now I can look like a grandpa.

')