NGD: Intrepid Pro 828 Oceanburst

zeal0us

InstruMentalHead
Reaction score
Hey peepz!

First impression: GIANT green monster. :eek:

This thing is the Mack Truck of guitars. I wasn't sure what to expect with the long scale, but it's not bad at all, unless you're in the 1-3-5 fret region, which is still manageable with my tiny paws.
I may be :deadhrse: with this, but the build quality is truly outstanding, not just 'for the price'.

The low register sounds nice and clear. Sustain is immense, and the tone is thick thanks to the large slabs of Mahogany. Since I like Standard F# tuning, whole step bends were initially a pain but I've gotten used to that in a day. The best part is when I switch back to a smaller scale guitar, bending and stretching on them feels like the easiest thing in the world. Almost better than switching back from an acoustic! :lol:

Overall I'm very happy I ventured into this unknown realm. It's loads of fun to play, it keeps me playing, and that's what matters the most!

Now on with the pics!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can't see me l0lz0r
intrepid1.jpg

intrepid2.jpg

intrepid3.jpg

intrepid4.jpg

intrepid5.jpg

intrepid6.jpg

Aaand the mixed-race family :lol:
thefamilyg.jpg

:metal::metal:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RG7

Reaction score
its so attractive! it compliments your other guitars well too.

zeal0us

InstruMentalHead
Reaction score
Thanks much, you guys!!

its so attractive! it compliments your other guitars well too.

I think it does too, thanks bro!

johnnyboy102 said:
Congrats! Lets see a video of you playing this beast! :shred:

Why watch me when you can watch Keith Merrow and Cameron Barton :lol: :ugh:

cvinos said:
:metal:

extra kudos for your cat!

+83490345

:lol::lol: :metal:

:shred:

oremus91

Melodeth-er
Reaction score
Happy NGD!! :wavey:

This is my second fav finish right after Lizard Burst (which btw I cant wait for!!)

Reaction score
Happy NGD!! :wavey:

This is my second fav finish right after Lizard Burst (which btw I cant wait for!!)

this makes me excited for my bloodburst version of this ={D

Those are easily my two favorite finishes they provide. I know its an 8 and your Ibby is a 7, but how do the necks compare? I know the Schecter 7s and 8s are pretty much the same in terms of thickness.

Internection

Reaction score
what was your turn around time on this? as in how long did it take after ordering to get it? i live in canada and im ordering mine on friday, and getting it express shipped

zeal0us

InstruMentalHead
Reaction score
Thanks folks! :D And a tip of the hat to IbanezShredderB for chiming in.

I know its an 8 and your Ibby is a 7, but how do the necks compare? I know the Schecter 7s and 8s are pretty much the same in terms of thickness.

The profile is similarly flat on both guitars, but the Agile neck is notably thicker. It was like my initial switch years ago from a 6 string Jackson to a 7 string Ibanez... The ibby felt a lot thicker and pretty much unplayable at first, but I warmed up to it. Moving onto this 8 was another walk down the same path- though it was a very easy transition this time, regardless of the much wider neck. Regularly playing a bunch of guitars with different neck profiles and thicknesses only helped!

I just took some profile measurements; from the tip of the fretboard to the bottom of the neck at the 9th fret. Please use these for reference only, I wouldn't consider them to be highly accurate: 23 mm for the Intrepid, 21 mm for the Loomis, and 19 mm for the RG7620, ± 1 mm.

They're at the 9th since some extra thickness starts to kick in at the 12th fret- a little more significant on the Loomis and Intrepid, minimal on the RG7620.

FTR inspite of being thick, the Loomis neck is extremely comfortable. But you already knew that. :lol:

I'd love to try a Schecter 8 to see if that 'wow' factor still holds true. But damn, that satin ATX with Blackouts is sexy, in both 7 and 8 string. :metal:
Minus the aged jizz binding though... :lol: :noplease:

')