NGD: Iron Horse Custom Fanned Fret 8 string

• Thread starter noise in my mind
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Splinterhead

Sojourner
Contributor
Reaction score
Great aesthetics! The color especially nice. Dat fan...is a man's fan.:hbang:

luca9583

Reaction score
Lol, yeah it's funny how the whole slanted pickup debate goes with fanned frets. After talking with guys at seymour duncan, Dimarzio and Charlie Hunter, it really doesn't matter.

Interesting...what did they have to say?

I think that there is a point where, on a large fan, if the bridge pickup is straight then the lowest strings will definitely start to lose certain "bridge pickup" tonal characteristics. This depends on the fan and the resulting angle of the bridge of course

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score

I think that there is a point where, on a large fan, if the bridge pickup is straight then the lowest strings will definitely start to lose certain "bridge pickup" tonal characteristics. This depends on the fan and the resulting angle of the bridge of course

You'd be surprised as to how "off" a pickup can be positioned before it really matters actually.

jephjacques

BUTTS LOL
Reaction score
Damn, that is a tight looking neck joint. Nice craftsmanship on that thing.

I'd love to try out a FF with straight pickups someday, I am really curious how much of a difference it makes.

Danukenator

Kane's Bane
Reaction score
wow, this things is stunning.

I love the burst on the back; That color of burst is among my favorites. You also get an awesome walnut top. It's like a two in one.

noise in my mind

Reaction score

Charlie Hunter said it was all about preference. For me the guitar has tones of attack and sounds massive!

Latest posts

')