NGD: Is it mean? Is it green? Oh yes it is - Ibanez RGR5220M !

Omzig

Reaction score
That's pretty Sweet....id love one of these in HS like the RG3XXV (about the only guitar i ever regret selling)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

primitiverebelworld

Reaction score
Cool! Mänttisaari has something similar. The weight is surprising. My basswood rg isn not light either and sound meaty.

MikeyLHolm

Lightning Mike
Reaction score
It's actually not LACS. Teemu's is a highly modified JBM100, modified by a Finnish dude from memory.

EDIT: kaurkukkur is the dude's instagram handle. Has photos of the guitars in process.

Not sure about the nationality of the fella but afaik the guy resides in Estonia. Otherwise seems right! Thanks for clearing it up to the people.

Musiscience

Reaction score
It's actually not LACS. Teemu's is a highly modified JBM100, modified by a Finnish dude from memory.

EDIT: kaurkukkur is the dude's instagram handle. Has photos of the guitars in process.

Always assumed his guitars were all LACS! Just checked Kaurkukkur Instagram.

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
Always assumed his guitars were all LACS! Just checked Kaurkukkur Instagram.

There's a blue LACS from around 2010-2011 that I remember (he uses it in the TIME ! live playthrough vids). Then after that I think he was using the natural and green modified JBM100's and he's recently had a third one in blue made.

MikeyLHolm

Lightning Mike
Reaction score
hahah get red pickups!

so sick! Congrats

Red would be quite nasty. Had green/black split Dimarzios in mind.

Had 1st band practice yesterday with the new axe. Felt like it was lacking a bit of some mid frequencies on my regular distorted tone that I can't really point out. Had amp's middle dimed and TS808 in front as well. Next week another go.

MikeyLHolm

Lightning Mike
Reaction score
Soooo.. I'm a bit late to the party but what are the pickups like? They are still somewhat new and good demos are hard to find.

I'm still trying to figure that out. Having 2nd band practice with them in 2 days so I know more after that. So far I think the cleans tones are solid with pretty much any split coil setting. They also clean from gainy tones very well with bit of volume pot. However I'm missing some mids that I love. I can find some of them from both basswood Ibanez RG with Tone Zone & Gibson LP Standard with JB (just bit different). I don't think the bridge is right for my 80s tones at least. But we will see about it when I get to try them out more. Same equipment might feel different on different days after all.

Here is answer I got from BKP when asking about the basic eq of the pickups etc.

The Brute Force pickups (and in fact all the Boot Camp pickups) aren't really like any of the standard range pickups, they are all new. They are high-gain, with a single ceramic magnet. Obviously just having the one high output design meant it has to sort of sit in the middle in terms of power and EQ. It's quite a crisp voice to it and I suppose it would sit somewhere in the middle of the contemporary range from our standard range of pickups.