NGD!: ...it was supposed to be a Kiesel

• Thread starter JustinG60
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JustinG60

Reaction score
...but it is not... the guitar didn't exactly arrive as i ordered it but i'm not sure if it's worth sending it back over

anyways, here's the pictures. you may have seen it on Facebook under their pics of the day.

quick build list... (not transcribed, i can do that tomorrow)
DC700
Mahogany body
Maple Neck
Flamed maple top
Option 50 color / Option 50 burst pattern
Red diamond inlays
Glow in the dark top inlays
20" fretboard radius
Med Jumbo stainless frets
Streak free ebony fretboard
clear painted back of neck and body
Color matched headstock
Hipshot bridge
Kiesel pickups

sorry about the cell phone pics, my new charger for my Nikon didn't get here until it was dark. also sorry about the background, it was the only sunny spot around when i got home

20150909_155938.jpg

20150909_155953.jpg

20150909_160005.jpg

i forgot to upload the one of the back...

...but the top dots are BRIGHT when you get some good natural light in em to charge them up

20150909_160613.jpg

aaaaaand a few pics with my first Carvin build, my SCB7

20150909_160724.jpg

20150909_160756.jpg

well... that's it. it's been a build in process since the beginning of June with sales people but significantly longer in my trying to pick out a finish i haven't seen Carvin do yet.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mangle

Breaker
Reaction score
Carvin/Kiesel are (always have been) kicking some serious ass! Like those red colored fret markers, nice complimentary accent. HNGD marching out with the Carvin Army!!

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Wow, Carvin's bursts are almost never that good - I'd hold on to it!

JustinG60

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments!

They were going to be red dots but was told they can't do dots in red ...so I imagine since I asked I will see them on someone's guitar on Facebook soon haha

that burst is what took double the time of a normal build and an option 50 up charge. I really wanted a long drawn out burst pattern that would look like 3 color burst but with out the harsh lines that you get with a traditional 3 color burst. Had to print put pictures of the color and burst pattern, sign them, then mail them to them for them to build it.

I do absolutely love how it plays, quite amazing! A little twangy sounding on my ENGL so I will have to tweak some more. Sounded AMAZEBALLS on my Voodoo metal nodded Marshall JCM2000 TSL100 though!

bloc

tha vagina finda
Reaction score
There's a Cobra in the background, who's complaining?!

Oh...and nice guitar!

JustinG60

Reaction score
There's a Cobra in the background, who's complaining?!

Oh...and nice guitar!

ugh, thanks for reminding me. :ugh: it's not actually a Cobra, it's just a GT that i have been putting a lot of time into. that fender is off of a 03 Cobra and i haven't pulled the snake off because i hadn't picked out new fender badges. i miss my old 03 Cobra in redfire metallic :wallbash:

my parking pad was the only place with sun yesterday. if i used the garage as a back drop it had too much glare. should be able to take some decent pictures today with the Nikon if the rain happens and clears up. the top is deceptive, may seem the flame is weak in spots but it's not, that seems to be changing with the lighting

since the option 50 price isn't refundable i'm 99% sure i'm going to keep it.

JustinG60

Reaction score
Comic Sans????????????

are you seeing something i wrote in that format? might be your computer because the computer i am on, my phone and my laptop do not show that font. i'm not a 12 year old haha

pastanator

electronic musician
Reaction score
are you seeing something i wrote in that format? might be your computer because the computer i am on, my phone and my laptop do not show that font. i'm not a 12 year old haha

the truss rod cover lol

bloc

tha vagina finda
Reaction score
ugh, thanks for reminding me. :ugh: it's not actually a Cobra, it's just a GT that i have been putting a lot of time into. that fender is off of a 03 Cobra and i haven't pulled the snake off because i hadn't picked out new fender badges.

Shhh, don't tell anyone! :lol:

JustinG60

Reaction score
Shhh, don't tell anyone! :lol:

haha i assume the Cobra front bumper isn't helping things. that's the bigger reason i want the snake off the car.

raining like a bastard so no good pictures of the body with a real camera...

also, feel free to hate on the truss rod cover all you want ...but if it were me i would at least be right about the accusations i were making

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comic_Sans

stevexc

Reaction score
also, feel free to hate on the truss rod cover all you want ...but if it were me i would at least be right about the accusations i were making

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comic_Sans

I don't think anyone is "hating" or "making accusations", just pointing out the similarities :p

Either way, tasty looking guitar. They didn't go too far overboard on the "Kiesel"ness which is always nice to see (in my books). Great burst, too!

pastanator

electronic musician
Reaction score
yeah no hate bro guitar looks sweet regardless. those red inlays are rly cool tbh dunno if I'd do it personally but I dig it

JustinG60

Reaction score
i guess i took it the wrong way. my bad. sorry about that ...and i must digress, i just had shoulder surgery in June so being in perpetual pain, therapy making it worse, frustrations of not being able to anything like i could, and having to take months away from guitar has made me edgy. that's why i have been away from forums because i'm just been in a .... mood. guitar usually calms me but playing makes the pain worse so it's been rough.

again, sorry if i got ....ty. maybe i'm not quite ready to be internet social again haha

...back on topic...

yeh, i honestly wanted red dots done Ibanez top of fretboard style insteadof red diamonds but i was promptly cut off and informed that red dots was not possible, not even option 50 like i expected.

anyways, i'm going to keep it. the little bit i could play i have actually really loved it. the 20" radius and medium jumbo stainless frets just suit me very well.

Riverrunsred

Reaction score
Nice guitar.

The giveways on your GT are wrong wheels and calipers.
I love me some Mustangs, had to sell mine to buy a truck to pull jet skis.:(

JustinG60

Reaction score
Nice guitar.

The giveways on your GT are wrong wheels and calipers.
I love me some Mustangs, had to sell mine to buy a truck to pull jet skis.:(

i hear you. i had to sell this...

DSC01603.jpg

to do a career change. now the reason why i have yet to buy another one is because i have a new truck as my daily, need to tow the boat. i thought bigger give aways of it being a GT over the calipers was the wrong side skirts and the non painted mirrors.

if you look at the background you may be able to tell that the Cobra is parked in the same parking pad my Mustang is in haha. miss it every day, even more so when i drive the GT. just can't decide on badges, don't really like the 35th anniversary ones that it's supposed to have. don't want to pull the badge to expose the metal until i decide. might just break down and pick something today.

as for the guitar. is it my choice of wood or does anyone else think the K14 pickups are a touch twangy? tight though, no slop on the 7th

')