NGD: Jackson Content

Reaction score
Wodup.
At the start of this year I saw a Jackson SL3 online for a pretty good price, so I started saving but before I even had the cash it was gone. A few months later I had bought a Indie IPR Semi Hollow since I was looking for something versatile for college in September.
Although it was an impulse buy (thanks Mikael Akerfeldt and Emil Werstler:lol:) I was fairly satisfied with this new purchase but after a few weeks of owning it I popped into my local music shop and spotted a nearly new SL3 and hardcase!
For the next few weeks I increasingly dissatisfied with the Indie because I knew the Jackson was waiting and finally took that and my Schecter C7+ to the shop, plus a bit of £££, to trade for the SL3. A month later I am still diggin it and the neck is one of the nicest I've ever played! Can't wait to shred this beast all through college, onto the pics!

caseef.jpg

The epic hardcase

incasec.jpg

fullbody.jpg

ofriu.jpg

OFR (which I've blocked anyway)

backpk.jpg

Smooooooooth neck joint, stupidly easy access

headstockc.jpg

brosb.jpg

The bros, my RR3 is in D standard and the SL3 in E.
Thats the lot! Hoping to get PLENTY more Jacksons in the future and each time I play this badboy it just consolidates the idea!
Peace, Riff-King-Steve:hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

infernalservice

Reaction score
I love the mij jacksons more than any other imports. I think about getting a white sls3 all the time and one day wi give in and buy one

Reaction score
Cheers guys! @ Infernal Service, I too regularly think about getting an SLS and next time I have the cash I probably will! 3-aside Jackson headstock with the shark eye block inlay? Classy AND metal!:scream:

Corpsegrinder88

Jackson Whore
Reaction score
The nicer imports like these are damn awesome. I have the sls3 you mention. And your correct. Great looking and playing lightweight soloist for sure.

Congrats

infernalservice

Reaction score
Cheers guys! @ Infernal Service, I too regularly think about getting an SLS and next time I have the cash I probably will! 3-aside Jackson headstock with the shark eye block inlay? Classy AND metal!:scream:

A seller on the bay was pushing out some Jackson USA custom shop matte black ones around 16-1700 not too long ago. I don't really like matte finishes as they tend to shine so I didn't pull the trigger.

Reaction score
Niiice guitars, I'm really thinking about getting either the same model (different color) of the Rhoads you have up there, or a King V.
Just a quick curious question, are those things top heavy? I don't use leather guitar straps so a lot of guitars slide down on me and I'm really wanting a jackson that doesn't.
Thanks!

Reaction score
@Sedativeman, Thanks man. On my rhoads I use a nylon-y material planet waves strap. The guitar slides down a bit but not enough for it to be and inconvience or be forcing down on your hand, I'd say go for it it's a pretty solid guitar.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Have you ever played an SL1? I'm curious about how the SL3 compares.

atticmike

Reaction score
Rarely I get to see people playing their Jacksons in standard tunings :D

Keep up the good stuff :)

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! @Konfyouzd, I played an SL1 a while back in a guitar shop but I can't remember how it played in comparison to the SL3. It played fuckin nice though and I do prefer the hot rails as opposed to regular single coils. @atticmike, fuck yeah! Standard can still be heavy haha

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
I want that!

But may I point out that you would have gotten more money had you sold your guitars in a private sale...

')