NGD: Jackson Custom Shop 7 String

• Thread starter bulb
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MetalDaze

Repless in Seattle
Reaction score
I was going to block this one, but having tried it live in fully floating mode I found it stays in tune better than my hardtails with locking tuners, so I might just leave it floating for now haha.

Exactly! I've never had a problem with an OFR staying in tune, if it's setup right.

Sure, they can be a little intimidating at first, but once you figure it out, you reap the benefits!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bulb

Reaction score
Exactly! I've never had a problem with an OFR staying in tune, if it's setup right.

Sure, they can be a little intimidating at first, but once you figure it out, you reap the benefits!

Blocked it down today and it was just as stable, OFR7 FTW!!

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
I know guitars on asphalt usually scares people, but having taken pictures of guitars on asphalt and concrete before, as long as you're careful setting it down, it will be fine. Guitar finishes are pretty tough these days.

spaghettipomodoro

Reaction score
Nice RGD refinish Misha :lol:

That looks absolutely killer, I love blue guitars and that's a very streamlined guitar body. 10/10 would bang. HNGD :)

bulb

Reaction score
I know guitars on asphalt usually scares people, but having taken pictures of guitars on asphalt and concrete before, as long as you're careful setting it down, it will be fine. Guitar finishes are pretty tough these days.

I have noticed more than a few people taking issue with the fact that the guitar was on the asphalt.
I didn't grate it against the road haha, I set it down very carefully.

I am on tour, and the lighting was nicely diffused outside thanks to it being overcast, so I work with what I got, trust me the finish is still pristine.

Additionally, the pics of it on it's front were after it was set on the back, so you can look for scratches if you want, but you won't find any haha.

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score

Sure the finish can probably handle being laid gently on concrete without damage. However, this is all a matter of perspective. Clearly Misha is a Jackson endorser but the others posting are not. If you paid over $4000 out of pocket for a custom Jackson would you lay it on concrete? :)

Rev.

Nikea Tiber

horribad at guitar
Reaction score
Thank you for posting pics of this, I've been really curious to see what the Jackson custom shop is turning out these days and your new axe doesn't disappoint.

I love how the guitar has 3 lock points on the strings, they won't even change tension/tuning between the nut and tuning post. It looks like your 7/6 nut lock is out of alignment, btw.

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
I've been really curious to see what the Jackson custom shop is turning out these days and your new axe doesn't disappoint

Jackson CS has pretty much always been amazing, unless there was some time I'm unaware of where quality tanked. Though I do recall some saying quality slipped a bit immediately following Fender's acquisition. The problem isn't the quality though, it's the wait time. Currently at 2+ years wait time. I'm at month 17. I'm sure I will be head over heels when I get my 7-string Kelly and a custom Jackson is something I've wanted for the past 20 years which is why I went for it finally. But would I ever order again with the 2+ year wait? Nope, no way.

Rev.

Metal Mortician

Ninja Lurker
Reaction score
Dang! 2+ years wait-time! If it's what you want, then it's totally worth it but I'm just trying to fathom how much my musical tastes can change in 2 years.

On a side note, I did see an 8 string warrior being made when I was touring the Fender CS. They do some quality work over there.

Nikea Tiber

horribad at guitar
Reaction score
Jackson CS has pretty much always been amazing, unless there was some time I'm unaware of where quality tanked. Though I do recall some saying quality slipped a bit immediately following Fender's acquisition. The problem isn't the quality though, it's the wait time. Currently at 2+ years wait time. I'm at month 17. I'm sure I will be head over heels when I get my 7-string Kelly and a custom Jackson is something I've wanted for the past 20 years which is why I went for it finally. But would I ever order again with the 2+ year wait? Nope, no way.

Rev.

That is a very good figure to know. All of the jackson custom shop guitars I've ever checked out in person have been very well worn, so I'm thankful to see high quality pictures of one mint, and the laguna seca blue from the e46 is a great color choice, in a way almost a recasting of the classic fender lake placid blue. I'm excited to see your kelly when its done, classic reverse headstock? :wub: I'm still not sold on the 4+3 heastock design, though.

')