NGD Jackson Custom shop 7

• Thread starter stratjacket
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

stratjacket

Lost in a loop
Reaction score
Just came in the mail today. Bought this off fellow SS member leonardo7. Good man to work with btw.

Maple neck thru
Mahogany body
Ebony Fretboard
27 inch scale
12"-16" compound fretboard radius
EMG 707 bridge
EMG CS35 neck
EMG-BTC active circuit

Awesome guitar, just can't describe the feel it has. The EMG707 in the bridge sounds completely different that any EMG active I've heard. It must be the wood or build or something, but it sounds absolutely brilliant, good growl, not sterile sounding at all. It has a bass pickup (EMG CS35) in the neck and I was skeptical, but it has clear bell like chime to it on solo's with heavy distortion and good pick attack comes through. I bought a set of SD EMTY's I am planning to test out in there as well, but these EMG's are pretty damn good.

Anyway, on to the p0rn:
Jackson1.JPG

Jackson2.JPG

Jackson3.JPG

Jackson4.JPG

Jackson5.JPG

Jackson6.JPG

Jackson7.JPG

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Church2224

Guitar Whore
Reaction score
I don't care what people say. I love that body shape! Looks killer man, congrats and enjoy it!

Darkened

Reaction score
I am a big fan of Jacksons. Beautiful guitar, although I would prefer to have hardtail bridge :) congrats!

mphsc

http://pyramidguitarscompany.com/
Reaction score
awesome guitar, glad it worked out good for you both and I like that body style a lot as well.

stratjacket

Lost in a loop
Reaction score
I have some vacation coming, so I may break down and do an A/B comparison and post it on here. I did just change them out and my first reaction is the EMG's sounded better, more burn and growl. But I need to play around some more with both to get used to them. These are the first active pickups I've used in a few years.

brilliant color!
would love to see a review of your 707's vs EMTY's

revlover

Reaction score
I don't care what people say. I love that body shape! Looks killer man, congrats and enjoy it!

Couldn't agree more! If these come in a lower budget version I'm definately going to check it out

HNGD

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
The one Alain was selling... I really like this...

Congrats, wish I could try one of these out.

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
Ive never heard an EMG 707 sound as good as it does in this guitar. Its also got snappy tone, good sustain and insane fretwork. Everything about it was well thought out. Awesome color, good cutaways, awesome headstock, nice carves, ferrule placement. There even isn't an extra routed battery compartment which is awesome. Im glad it went to a good and well deserved home. I hope you get some recordings done with it eventually.

Nag

chugs and screams
Reaction score
just the scale length already makes me jelly :lol:

nice geetar, HNGD !

')