NGD: Jackson JS22-7 - yes, another one of these! (Massive pictures inside?)

aeosoth

Constantly GASing
Reaction score
Hello Sevenstring!
Today I got my first 7 string guitar, the Jackson JS22-7. I know there's already a gazillion of these threads on here, but I feel like showing mine of aswell so here we go.

First of all, mandatory crappy cell phone pictures:
xjDn081l.jpg

8YOodqml.jpg

gaTeiM2l.jpg

Welcome to the family!:lol::shred:

Now, my impressions of the guitar so far:
- Lightweight, but still feels like a good quality instrument (IMO).
- Neck is very slim and smooth, lovely to play on.
J9XC8yol.jpg

- Finish feels lovely, I'm incredibly happy I went with the satin black one instead of the (somewhat rare?) gloss black version.
- The headstock looks absolutely killer IRL! I thought it looked cool but not that special on photos, but in person it just looks fantastic! (same goes for the whole guitar really)
DDyyUmpl.jpg

- The strap knobs on the guitar are huge and keep your strap in place quite securely, but I'll still be replacing them with the Loxx Straplocks I bought with them. (Seriously, why doesn't everybody use these instead of Schallers? They're an awful lot better IMO)
- Upper fret access is very good. I have no problem reaching the 23rd and 24th fret. It's probably just as easy as with the AANJ neck joint on the Ibanez RGA7 I tried in a local music shop, although it's slightly less comfortable because my hand still hits the edge of the heel a wee bit.
sUi5k0zl.jpg

- The strings that come with this guitar are THIN. Seriously, I wish I'd bought a pack of thicker strings along with the guitar, it rattles like heck! (though to be fair I haven't set it up yet)
- The fretboard in general is a really nice, dark rosewood, although mine has a slightly lighter streak at the first couple of frets:

- It might just be my imagination, but it almost looks like the fretboard is slightly bent after the 24th fret. I don't know if this is by design, a mistake or, as I said earlier, simply my imagination. Still, I don't notice any issues playing it so either way it's fine.
IZg0XLtl.jpg

- I can't say anything about the tuners, since I've only had the guitar for a few hours, or the pickups, because I've only played it unplugged so far.

All in all, I can do nothing but agree with everybody else here on the forums: for the price this guitar is ridiculously good. As I said, I already have the Loxx Straplocks to put on this guitar, and I'm also planning on adding some Axetec locking tuners, and replacing the pickups. I was originally planning on eventually replacing the bridge with a Hipshot one, but we'll see if I end up doing that or not. The stock bridge isn't half bad really. Go ahead and ask me if you have any questions about the guitar and I'll try to respond! Cheers for checking out my thread! :wavey:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Die4her

Reaction score
Loving the look of this guitars, also considering this as a first seven
I now know it will be haha thanks for the info as I was worrying about the higher fret access

aeosoth

Constantly GASing
Reaction score
Loving the look of this guitars, also considering this as a first seven
I now know it will be haha thanks for the info as I was worrying about the higher fret access
Anytime mate, I was wondering about the higher fret access aswell when I bought it. It really isn't a problem at all, it's just not as comfortable as an Ibanez AANJ neck. Definitely happy with my purchase, it's a really solid guitar!

Reaction score
I hadn't heard of these guitars until this post and I shit myself when I saw it was only 200.

dead_scott

Reaction score
Congrats on the axe, man. I do have a question, though. Have you done any mods on the guitar so far? I'm trying to find out which set of tuners might be a good retrofit (if possible).

Latest posts

')