NGD - Jackson JS32-7Q Dinky

• Thread starter tdk24
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tdk24

Reaction score
I had been watching CL for a couple Jackson 7's on there and almost pulled the trigger on a JS22-7. Then I looked at GC used one more time and this came up at a local store. Decided to go check it out and ended up bringing it home. I was really impressed with it for such an inexpensive guitar. This is my 2nd Dinky, I also have a MIJ DK2. Anyway, yep, the pickups are not the best but I can live with that for now. I just wanted a nice playing 7 and so far this feels really good in my hands. Looks like the store put new strings on it and gave it a setup, because it sure is on the buttery side. Looks like I'll need to polish the frets next time I restring unless I can figure out a way to do it without taking the strings off. I've just been messing around with it tonight and it feels like home to me. I really like the bridge. I was hoping that this style bridge would feel better than a TOM and it does. The back of the neck feels nice and smooth, not sticky at all. A neck through would have made this thing absolutely perfect, but for 200 bucks, I'm not complaining. It is kind of like finding a diamond in the rough. Here is a crappy pic from my phone. :hbang:

Attachments

• IMG_1004.JPG
    IMG_1004.JPG
    733.4 KB · Views: 102

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

powderedtoastman

Reaction score
That is very cool for 200 bucks! I agree with you on the hardtail bridge. Tune-o-matics have the strings sitting really high off the body which I don't like too much. I guess the exception is low-profile versions.

tdk24

Reaction score
With the TOM I think it is about the height. Probably psychological. But my Godin Summit has a recessed TOM and I like it. I noticed that this Jackson is a little tippy in the headstock with a nylon strap. I'll need to pick up another set of straplocks so i can use my nice cloth straps that don't slide back and forth on my shoulder.

')