NGD: Jackson Juggernaut HT7 Satin Silver

Peter.F

Reaction score
First a soundclip and beauty shot.
https://soundcloud.com/peterfleites/ht7-tone-clip
20190329_210833.jpg

I've been GASing for one of these for a long time and finally decided to pull the trigger on a new one. This is not technically a NGD as I've had the guitar for a few days now.

My impressions are mostly positive aside from a few QC issues. The fretwork is flawless and it's by far the best feeling and sounding seven string that I've ever played. The Ragnarok's sound amazing under gain but can cover a load of different sounds with ease. Acoustically the guitar has a load of resonance and a spanky tonality. The silver looks way better in person and has a nice flake to it. This is my first satin guitar and it feels great. The fretboard speaks for itself.

But it does have some cosmetic issues

Here is a closeup of what looks like a small indentation below the right horn. I'm not too bothered by it since it's only noticeable from certain angles.

20190329_214128.jpg

This one is obvious. I typically put foam over it to dampen string vibration, but still.

20190327_001644.jpg

Jackson's response was these issues are normal since they are mostly hand built, but I have a hard time accepting them on a guitar in this price range. I'd like to hear sevenstring's opinion about these QC issues and whether or not I should keep it for a discount (thanks Sweetwater) or wait a very long time for a replacement.

Here's a family shot because why not!

20190329_211447.jpg

Attachments

• jackson-juggernaut-ht7-sevenstring.jpg
    jackson-juggernaut-ht7-sevenstring.jpg
    368.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Passtheapathy

Reaction score
Unfortunately, the USA Juggernaut line is pretty notorious for inconsistent QA. Check the main topic for lots of examples of this. I've had 3 of these guitars and all of them had either cosmetic flaws or fretwork that were not acceptable for a guitar in this price range.

That being said, its gorgeous and I'd take the discount, especially since managed to get one with great fretwork. Mine has the same behind the nut issue yours does, by the way.

Last edited:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good to know Jackson considers things that would have automatically made a guitar B stock in the past normal now on a $3k+ instrument... that attitude alone would have annoyed me enough to send it back. Both issues are minor, but a ding on the front of a brand new guitar is not acceptable in that price range.

Mathemagician

Reaction score
For 250-300 off I’d keep it. Not for full retail. Basically enough that everyone who sold it to me feels shitty about the process of getting a dinged up guitar to me only to take a margin hit.

MSS

Reaction score
48C02081-D5A9-46B4-91C8-06E2CF1C4450.jpeg
I bought a USA Juggernaut tiger last year and promptly sent it back. The fretwork had sharp edges and uneven frets which made setup near impossible. There were no finish issues though. Here’s some irony for ya. I really wanted a Juggernaut so I ordered a plek’d Juggernaut Pro with Ragnaroks from Sweetwater and it was hands down better playing than the USA! Not as nice as the USA but totally worth it. IMO I would send it back. There’s plenty of better guitars out there in that price range.

TheTrooper

Reaction score
Good to know Jackson considers things that would have automatically made a guitar B stock in the past normal now on a $3k+ instrument... that attitude alone would have annoyed me enough to send it back. Both issues are minor, but a ding on the front of a brand new guitar is not acceptable in that price range.
Tell me about it.
Got a used HT6 Amber Tiger 1 year ago maybe.
Sounded great, light, super resonat, PERFECT fretjob......and the neck was twisted.

Brought to my tech "Yeah, neck is really twisted"

Unloaded it to somebody else shortly after

Peter.F

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.

I am leaning towards keeping it for a respectable discount because the guitar plays and sounds so damn great, and that's the main reason I bought it.

There is a stiff competition in this price range but not so much for a 26.5 scale production guitar that has these specs that I can find. The closest alternative I found is an RGD7UCS, but that thing looks too oppressively metal for my taste. I would also likely change the pickups, put a coil split in somehow, and I'd be at cosmo black's mercy.

Avedas

Reaction score
Well at least is sounds awesome. I'd ask for a discount though

jephjacques

BUTTS LOL
Reaction score
Yeah they're super inconsistent, which is weird since most jackson USA stuff is stellar quality. I got lucky with my silverburst HT7, but that was after returning a laguna blue one because it had a huge gap in the neck pocket. Still seriously considering picking one of these up because roasted maple does so much better in Nova Scotia's stupid climate than other wood, but it's tough to justify pulling the trigger on a guitar that may or may not be acceptably built depending on luck of the draw.

katsumura78

Reaction score
Sucks to hear but I’m on my 4th Juggernaut and about to get rid of it. All of them had qc issues. For 1,800 bucks sure but Jackson’s smoking something to charge what they are for these especially when they’re leaving the factory in less than perfect shape. It’s sad that the USA model is 3-4 times the price of the Pro and it’s not worlds apart. If you like it cool, keep it but get some money back because that’s unacceptable for 3k. Ibanez, PRS, EBMM don’t let this stuff slide on their higher end models so why does Jackson? Handmade apparently means sloppy workmanship to them.

Passtheapathy

Reaction score

Shoeless_jose

Reaction score
was going to say definitely keep it, but that Aristides makes me think twice, but yeah it's a bummer that guitars in that price range aren't coming out much closer too flawless but glad it plays well and it does look very sharp.