NGD: Jackson Kelly KE-1 Marty Friedman signature. OMG....

LetsMosey

friendly ginger
Reaction score
Just got my very own Jackson Kelly KE1 Marty Friedman signature model. I've been drooling over this very guitar for about 16 years, and finally in a position where there was one available AND one that I could afford!

Onto the pics!

IMG_1638_zps2655e46f.jpg

IMG_1636_zps0578fc60.jpg

a66faa94-5f20-4d6d-b136-934014082a5b_zps051f2aea.jpg

IMG_1640_zpsdae48395.jpg

IMG_1641_zps3b8df257.jpg

IMG_1645_zps707a2908.jpg

IMG_1639_zps36497eaf.jpg

(I had some issues editing and rotating the pics in photobucket, so I apologize if they are still displaying horizontally.)

This is many childhood wet-dreams come true! Not only is this my first KE1, but it's also my very first Jackson U.S.A. All I have to say is she plays amazing, and I can't stop smiling over how great it feels and sounds. The neck is unbelievable and I absolutely love the compound radius fretboard.

Thanks for looking! :wavey:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Manurack

Nunavut Inuk
Reaction score
Daaaaaaaaayum! I love the high end Jackson Kelly models! Anything high end Jackson is awesome! What kind of tremolo is that? I noticed there's no locking nut.

LetsMosey

friendly ginger
Reaction score
Daaaaaaaaayum! I love the high end Jackson Kelly models! Anything high end Jackson is awesome! What kind of tremolo is that? I noticed there's no locking nut.

It's Kahler tremolo. LOVE IT by the way!

Score, is that a SD Dimebucker by the way?

Yes it is! The guy I got it from swapped it out a while ago. Sounds pretty good too -- albeit a bit too scooped for my tastes. I'll probably swap it out for a SD Super Distortion or something, idk yet.

NickS

New solution, problem changed
Reaction score
:scream:

That is by far my favorite Explorer-type shape. HNGD!!!!!!!

Don Vito

Reaction score
If there was a guitar of the month running for 6 strings, this would definitely be in there.

s4tch

Reaction score
Wow, now that's a keeper. :wub: Great choice, HNGD!

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Congrats man - glad you finally got one!

Symb0lic

Death Metal fanboy
Reaction score
Love it man, congratulations! Beautiful finish.

How well does it stay in tune with no locking nut?

HNGD, definitely a keeper!

s_k_mullins

!@#$?!
Reaction score
OM F'n G.... This is spectacular! I have always lusted for Marty's custom Jacksons.

Congrats on finding this one! :metal:

LetsMosey

friendly ginger
Reaction score
Thanks Everyone! :yesway:

Congrats man - glad you finally got one!

Thanks man! Ended up snagging that one off the 'bay afterall. Only rust on it is on the screws that mount the trem and pickup ring to the body... everything else is in amazing condition. Now I just need to find some non-rusted screws to replace it with. Any suggestions on where I can get some? Is there a one-stop-Jackson-shop for that kind of replacement parts you'd recommend?

Love it man, congratulations! Beautiful finish.

How well does it stay in tune with no locking nut?

HNGD, definitely a keeper!

Thanks! Actually stays in tune great! It's not a floyd, nor is it a floating Khaller -- it's their fixed bridge version. So you get the benefit of the fine tuners like a floyd, but without it floating you don't have to worry about the finicky tuning all the time.

Symb0lic

Death Metal fanboy
Reaction score
^Haha, I saw Kahler in the text and immediately assumed it was a Kahler trem.

Nice to hear they're a good bridge, I've been wondering about them and the fixed bridge Floyd speedloader for a while now.

MetalDaze

Repless in Seattle
Reaction score
Great score! How is the balance when standing up? I love the Kelly, but I sold my KE2 because it was neck heavy. But, others have not had that problem.

What say you?

jsl2h90

Reaction score
HNGD! USA jacksons have a special place in my heart... not a day goes by where I don't miss my old soloist.... ok enough of that :) They really do play like a dream though.
What kind of bridge is that? Also are you going to keep the dimebucker in there? I used to have one in my soloist as well.

Mklane

Reaction score
Congrats! I love the Kelly, I would love to get my hands on one of those.:hbang: