NGD: Jackson King V JS32 Series

• Thread starter Breeding The Spawn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Breeding The Spawn

Reaction score
After many years of playing Super Strats and Les Paul style guitars, I finally ordered a King V from AMS 3 days ago and it arrived yesterday. I never played a V before and was curious about how it would feel, play, or balance. I am really happy with my MIJ DKMG and wasn't sure about the JS Series. First impressions is the neck, it feels very comfortable and slim just like my DKMG that has a DK2 neck. Guitar came properly set up, intonated, really nice action, no fret buzz, no sharp fret ends. Took a few minutes to adjust sitting with a V. I am very surprised that the jack placement doesn't bother me at all. It also has no neck dive and balances very well. The Jackson Floyd stays in tune but I am going to block it for this guitar. I was planning on replacing the pickups right away, but as soon as i plugged it in I couldn't believe how good they sound with my set up. Now there are very few things I don't like but can be easily fixed. The volume knob and pot feel very stiff to turn and the select switch feels flimsy. At some point I will replace the pickups, and replace the string blocks. Other than that I am enjoying this guitar a lot.

3.JPG

4.JPG

7.JPG

IMG_20180927_094659955_HDR.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Breeding The Spawn

Reaction score

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
How are you finding the JS32 holding up after six years? I am still looking at one of these to scratch my Dave Mustaine itch. How does the FR special hold up and is there any problems with the neck?

Breeding The Spawn

Reaction score
How are you finding the JS32 holding up after six years? I am still looking at one of these to scratch my Dave Mustaine itch. How does the FR special hold up and is there any problems with the neck?
I don't have it any more I sold it a few years ago, but I really loved it and played the hell out of it. I sold it to fix my old Jeep that I had. Here is a photo if it after I played it a lot. I eventually took out the pickup and replaced it with a Dragonfire Screamer and took out the switch and the tone knob. Neck pickup was disconnected. Mine had no issues, I never really did use the floyd for crazy dives and such but to me it always stayed in tune. My new Jackson King V Pro Series! should be here tomorrow, I am not the biggest fan of the dark alumiloid inlays but I'm pretty sure I'll get used to it. I really missed having a King V and after a good while looking for a specific BC Rich Iron Bird that is not stupidly overpriced I settled on the Pro Series King V. Although I am still hunting an Iron Bird at this moment.

Attachments

• imageedit_1_2487189990.jpg
    imageedit_1_2487189990.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 15

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
Awesome. I was also thinking about the pro king v. But tbh for how much more it costs here in Europe, I'd rather just go for the JS32. They're both made in China. The pickups would still get swapped. Neck through isn't a big deal for me and I prefer bolt on most of the time anyway. At least on paper for me there's no reason to spend more than a JS until you get into the Japanese models. The pro series has ebony and FR1000s at least but the X series costs a lot more than a JS for the same hardware and fretboards that look worse.

Latest posts

')