NGD Jackson Pro Plus Baritone Soloist

• Thread starter drb
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
That looks super slick! Absolutely gorgeous blacked-out metal machine.

I've played a handful of Pro Plus Jackson's and they all seemed to be without any noticeable issues/defects; however, I expected more. To me they just feel like an Indonesian Jackson with SS frets. Having played a lot of absolutely killer Chinese-made guitars in the past few years these have yet to impress me for their price-point. Could be all in my head though, lol.
Isn't that exactly what they are? Indonesian (or Chinese depending on the model) guitar with stainless steel frets.

Reactions: drb

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

drb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Man, it looks cool! I'm looking out for the Warrior version of this, but I fear i wont find a good case for it considering the longer scale.
I was really tempted by the Warrior and Kelly but I've never played an unusual shaped guitar before so didn't want to risk it without trying it in person and that wasn't an option. I can't speak for the Warrior but they've done a good job of pushing the bridge back on the Soloist so the overall guitar length isn't that much longer than a normal 6. I took some pics to compare that I'll put at the end of this post.

Those things are crazy hot. I am extreeeeeemely tempted to sell off some gear and snag the Warrior.

HNGD!
Thanks! I love the whole series, I know the matte black is becoming cliché but I'm still a fan.

That looks super slick! Absolutely gorgeous blacked-out metal machine.

I've played a handful of Pro Plus Jackson's and they all seemed to be without any noticeable issues/defects; however, I expected more. To me they just feel like an Indonesian Jackson with SS frets. Having played a lot of absolutely killer Chinese-made guitars in the past few years these have yet to impress me for their price-point. Could be all in my head though, lol.
That's pretty much what they are, to be fair. Although I don't think they're at a particularly high price point with respect to the entire guitar industry at the moment. Everything is more expensive, particularly with these being niche specs with the baritone scale length. The only guitars that have similar specs at a lower price point are more budget brands like Chapman, Solar, and Harley Benton. I've not had great experiences with Chapman, I have 2 Solars already (but I like their baritone options), and I simply wasn't interested in gambling on HB's QC.

Pics comparing guitar length, the Jackson is the furthest right. It's hard to tell because of the angle but it's length is just between the Solar 6 and 7 strings:
1723564813906.png
1723564854503.png

')