NGD! Jackson SL2H Soloist

• Thread starter FLGearnut
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

FLGearnut

Reaction score
So I dropped off my PRS at the local big name store to have my bare knuckle aftermath installed, and as I was walking through the used guitar section I see this....
jackson2.jpg

It is 2009 manufactured Jackson USA soloist in 99.8% condition...I looked it over head to toe and there was nary a ding, scratch or dent to be found. Even the hardware hadnt tarnished. Looked at the price tag.....what??! This store actually HAS good deals? :eek:

The tag was marked at 799.99 w/ the original hardshell case. I sit down and play the guitar...action is great...no intonation issues...floyd is nice and level...frets are barely used...I say to myself, "the price is good as is but im gonna see just how far I can push this" :lol:

I talk turkey with the salesguy who knew me from my previous trips to the store...I get this guitar for 750 bucks! :shred: This is my first jackson and so far im really digging it. I hadnt planned on buying anything today but the deal was too good to pass up. The guitar could almost pass for new in the box.

jackson.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Wow, super sweet score, man! Congratulations :)

FLGearnut

Reaction score
thanks guys...indeed it does not get more metal than an all black jackson.

I got it at sam ash. I am sooo glad I held off on my GAS urges because ironically the GC by me had this EXACT SAME GUITAR on the used rack of their store at the same time I found this one at sam ash. But GC was selling theirs for 1200 bucks:wallbash:

I ALMOST went back to GC to pick that one up but held off...and boy am I glad i did, because i saved myself 400 samolians!

Church2224

Guitar Whore
Reaction score
That is a great guitar and a great deal you got it for. Congrats and enjoy it. I will ve getting an SL2H this summer so I cannot wait to get mine!

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
You had to have benefited from a screw up or them not knowing exactly what they have. Only a retard would sell a mint USA Soloist for $750. Even $1200 is a decent deal. You lucked out for sure.

FLGearnut

Reaction score
You had to have benefited from a screw up or them not knowing exactly what they have. Only a retard would sell a mint USA Soloist for $750. Even $1200 is a decent deal. You lucked out for sure.

im not questioning it, i just went with it haha....i guess it was just my time in the GAS universe to snag a good deal....we all get our window...it was just my time :p

GuitaristOfHell

The Optimist Prime.
Reaction score
That guitar looks immaculate. For that price that's not a steal... It's an ARMED robbery. Congrats man!

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
Damn I just noticed that it still has the plastic on the truss rod cover. That thing is basically new.

FLGearnut

Reaction score
thanks for all the kind words guys:cool:

had a chance to jam out through my splawn/mesa rig and this thing sounds fricken great. Im surprised that the JB in the bridge doesnt sound as bad as i expected it to. Nevertheless I am somewhat tempted to slap some bare knuckles in this thing lol. Zimbloth recommended a set of warpigs or holy divers for this guitar.

Anybody here have a neck thru jackson with either of those pickups? what did you gain that you didnt get with the stock duncans?

1b4n3z

Reaction score
The tone pot is 250k in a stock SL2H, maybe that's why you were surprised the JB didn't sound 'so bad' :) Also I think it's got a lot to do with people mocking the most popular pickups on internet forums. I'd say the JB and EMG81 are by far the most discredited pickups just because the better manufacturers tend to drop 'em in most of their models. A little tweak like the 250k tone or a different capacitor might do wonders to the tone without having to change the whole set of pickups. (I tried quite a few combinations for my SL2H and ended up with '59n & TB-5 - a hard decision between TB-4 and 5)

Great deal you got there - $750 is probably less than a half of what a mint condition SL2H would fetch on 2nd hand markets up here.

elrrek

Contributor
Reaction score
This is the reason why people living in the US makes guitar buyers in the rest of the world jealous.

Awesome score, congrats man.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
I've web gassing really hard for one of these, I've no idea why in yet to pull the trigger!

GAAASSSSS!!!!!

Nice one dude, enjoy it, amazing guitars.

mikernaut

pixel pusher
Reaction score
Great price on a USA soloist in that condition. I never cared for JB's myself . They didn't have enough kick in them for me. I do have a set of Holydivers in my BRJ and enjoy them, not really sure how to explain what they sound like though. Just nice tone with a cool ,voiced distortion growl to them. I'm sure Zimbloth could really explain them much better.

')